The Roosters have been on the look-out for a senior forward to join their ranks for the past 18 months.
After missing Greg Bird and Luke Lewis, the club is now very close to signing veteran Warriors back rower Ryan Hoffman.
Turning 34 in January, Hoffman is looking for a one-year deal to finish his career and one of his former clubs, Melbourne, has expressed interest.
MORE 7TH TACKLE:
* Dogs in battle with NRL rival to retain Lichaa
* Why Moylan is the perfect fit for Sharks
* Maguire’s departing spray at Bunnies directors
* The major reason Seibold will become Rabbitohs coach
* More proof Sam Burgess is a great leader
* Arthur’s price of making the finals
The Roosters, however, are prepared to offer more money and would be happy for Hoffman to then join the Storm in an off-field capacity in 2019.
The key to their pitch is assistant coach Matt King, who played alongside Hoffman at the Storm for several years.