Girlfriend's post sparks rumours of split with Bernard Tomic

·Sports Editor
·3-min read
Vanessa Sierra, pictured here with boyfriend Bernard Tomic.
Vanessa Sierra has hinted at a break-up with Bernard Tomic. Image: Instagram

Bernard Tomic and Vanessa Sierra have seemingly gone their separate ways after a post from Sierra hinted at the couple's split.

Taking to Instagram on Saturday, Sierra shared a cryptic message with her 420,000 followers.

'WHAT THE HELL': Tennis fans stunned by 'crazy' French Open drama

'HARD TO WATCH': French Open rocked by 'sad' Dimitrov moment

“I’ve always been real and raw with you guys about my life, both my ups and downs despite potential judgment," she wrote.

"And you have always been incredibly supportive and my rocks. I’ll speak to you all when I’m ready.”

The OnlyFans and former reality TV star uploaded a photo with two broken heart emojis, writing: “Fool me twice”.

The posts have sparked speculation of a break-up between her and Aussie tennis player Tomic.

Tomic and Sierra have been together since November last year, with Tomic referring to his girlfriend as his "coach" at the Australian Open.

Sierra was at the centre of controversy when her complaints about hotel quarantine in Melbourne sparked worldwide condemnation.

She also refuted suggestions she was using Tomic for his money, claiming to be the higher earner of the two.

“I have had a lot of comments saying that I am using him for his money,” Sierra told 60 Minutes.

“And I just don’t think people realise how much money I earn, to be honest.

“I am definitely not the WAG. I won’t get into exact numbers but if I wanted to retire today I could do so comfortably.

“I really don’t want to go into exact figures but I have earnt over one million dollars.”

Bernard Tomic, pictured here in action at the Australian Open in February.
Bernard Tomic in action at the Australian Open in February. (Photo by Mike Owen/Getty Images)

Tomic loses to teenager in French Open qualifying

Tomic isn't playing the current French Open after he was beaten in the first round of qualifying by 16-year-old Arthur Fils.

Local wildcard Fils fought back from a set down to defeat the seasoned Tomic 6-7 (5-7) 7-6 (7-1) 6-3 at Roland Garros last week.

World No.213 Tomic was among 12 Australians attempting to earn a spot in the second grand slam of the year, and the most high-profile to lose.

The 29-year-old was unable to match his efforts of February when he qualified for the Australian Open before going out in the second round.

In Paris, Tomic battled hard but gifted youngster Fils - the 2020 Orange Bowl champion who is ranked 1,034th - prevailed in a match that lasted two hours and 12 minutes.

"I think clay is my favourite surface. I love it because it gives me time and I can play more with my forehand," Fils told RolandGarros.com.

"Every match is a fight and I love it. I think I only lost two matches on clay in juniors."

with AAP

Watch 'Mind Games', the new series from Yahoo Sport Australia exploring the often brutal mental toil elite athletes go through in pursuit of greatness:

Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.