Conor McGregor doesn’t appear too keen on dissecting what went wrong against Khabib Nurmagomedov.
McGregor’s coach has revealed they haven’t spoken since the controversial scenes at UFC 229 last Sunday.
HITTING BACK: McGregor responds to trolls over embarrassing NFL fail
John Kavanagh says he’s only texted McGregor a couple of times since the brawl that broke out after the fight.
“This may actually surprise you but I haven’t spoken to Conor since the fight,” Kavanagh told ESPN’s Ariel and the Bad Guy.
“We had a couple of texts back and forward. So, after the fight he went home. I went home as well. We were in separate houses.
“So I was there with Artem [Lobov], Pete [Queally] and Orlagh [Hunter]. We just stayed up Saturday night, chatting.
“There were a couple of texts back and forward with Conor – saying, oh I could have done this, I could have done that – then on the Sunday I ended up going out for a little bit with Dillon [Danis] and a couple of guys from Paradigm.”
Kavanagh said he accidentally crossed paths with McGregor the following night, but was held back by security until McGregor recognised him.
“I bumped into him on Sunday night at around 1am,” he said.
“He was sitting with his family and I was leaving through the hotel. We got to this one area and a lot of security starting pushing me away.
“I spotted Conor and was like, ‘Is that Conor McGregor?!
“They were like, ‘Yeah, yeah, you can’t go there’.
“And Conor spotted me and said, ‘Yeah, that’s my coach’. So I went in and it was just like ‘How are you?’ We didn’t really talk about the fight.
“He was sitting with his mother and I said hello to his mam and dad and left. That was it. I didn’t see him Monday and I left on Tuesday.”
Mayweather responds to Khabib’s call-out
Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather has responded to Khabib Nurmagomedov’s throw down to bring the 50-0 fighter out of retirement – and the result may surprise you.
Khabib defeated McGregor at UFC 229 in Las Vegas earlier this month to retain his belt and his perfect record (27-0).
As the dust continues to settle from the shocking scenes that unfolded, and continues to unfold, after the fight – Khabib is seemingly full steam ahead.
“Let’s go, Floyd, we have to fight now,” Khabib said in a video posted on Instagram.
“50-0 versus 27-0, two guys who have never, never lost. Let’s go. Why not?
“In the jungle, there is only one king. Of course, I am the king. He could not drop McGregor, but I dropped him easily. That’s right. Let’s go.”
Khabib’s bombshell request sent shockwaves through the fighting community, as many are still eagerly waiting for the full consequences of Khabib and McGregor’s run-in to surface.
But Mayweather added fuel to the fire by producing his own response on Instagram:
“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out!,” Mayweather wrote.
“Go to @leonardellerbe ‘s page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me.
“LET’S MAKE LAS VEGAS GREAT AGAIN!”