Warrington’s hunt for a new coach has caught the interest of plenty of Australian candidates.
We can reveal the English glamour club has dispatched its CEO, Karl Fitzpatrick, to Sydney this week to begin interviews.
Raiders assistant Dean Pay, Rabbitohs assistant Dave Furner and Garth Brennan, who coaches Penrith’s NSW Cup side, are all expected to score an audience.
MORE 7TH TACKLE:
* The club firming for Matt Moylan's signature
* Robbie Farah’s latest run-in with the media causes real damage
* Why DCE knocked back his green and gold offer
* Blues boycott gala night in support of Loz
* Why Jackson Hastings is on the market again
* Basketball preparation for Kiwi cousins
Of that lot, Pay is the most intriguing. He’s got strong support from influential figures at the Bulldogs to take-over from Des Hasler.
But while uncertainty over Hasler’s future continues to mount, there’s still been no firm dialogue and Pay is getting itchy for a chance to lead his own side.
Should Warrington make the first offer, he’ll likely take it.
Sacked Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire has been mentioned as the favourite, but we hear he’s not keen to leave Sydney – a policy that would also rule him out of contention for the vacant Titans gig.