Controversial YouTube sensation Jake Paul has brutally mocked Conor McGregor after the Irishman's shock defeat to Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 in Abu Dhabi.
McGregor suffered the first KO defeat of his glittering UFC career as Poirier exacted revenge for defeat in the previous fight between the pair.
'I'M EXCITED': Conor McGregor drops big hint about future
Paul, a YouTuber turned boxer, had a great laugh at McGregor's expense and confirmed across multiple social media channels that the previous offer he made to McGregor for $50 million dollars had been drastically slashed.
The 24-year old famously offered McGregor $50 million in December if the Irishman agreed to fight him, during an expletive-laden clip he posted on Instagram.
However, the 24-year-old's follow-up offer was considerably smaller in the wake of the Irishman's humbling against Poirier.
Laughing hysterically in a clip he posted on Instagram, Paul said he had $10,000 for McGregor, before laughing at how the Irishman missed out on the $50 million offer.
(Warning: the following clips contain strong language)
Paul made the same call on YouTube since McGregor is “a ‘fighter’ and I’m a ‘YouTube kid,’” referencing an interview McGregor did with BT Sport before the Poirier fight.
"Conor McGregor got paid $5 million to get knocked out by a bum, and he got knocked out by the bum," Paul said in a wildly derogatory reference to Poirier.
“Conor, dude, you got paid $5 million to fight a bum. You should have taken the Jake Paul fight for $50 million, but now I got $10,000 for you. I got 10,000 dollars cash, Cold-hard cash. … Or I’ll give you a third of a Bitcoin. You choose, you choose, Conor McGregor.”
McGregor coy on potential Paul fight
Paul said he’ll return to the ring on April 17 in a fight that was “supposed to be" against McGregor.
An opponent for that bout has not been announced but he only made the fight public knowledge on Wednesday.
The Youtuber's last fight was in November against former NBA guard Nate Robinson, which Paul won.
The fight itself was mocked by viewers and called a “joke” by at least one professional boxer.
Paul called out McGregor in a NSFW Instagram post in December. He said McGregor was scared to lose to a YouTuber since he’s 0-1 in the ring and Paul is 2-0.
His terms were eight three-minute rounds at 185 pounds.
McGregor said in an interview with BT Sport on Thursday “we’ll see what happens” in regards to the fight.
He criticised Paul, calling him a “confused little kid,” and then seemed to back away from a potential fight by saying “it’s not on the radar at the minute.”
UFC president Dana White has dismissed the idea of a McGregor-Paul fight and instead suggested Paul fight UFC bantamweight and featherweight champion Amanda Nunes.
“I’m thinking of letting Amanda Nunes knock his ass out,” White said.
Nunes is said to be on board.
with Yahoo Sports US
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.