Serena Williams’ husband has admitted he hated tennis before he met his wife.
Alexis Ohanian has been married to Williams since 2017 and the happy couple have daughter Alexis Olympia together.
‘MEANT SO MUCH’: Fans erupt over Roger Federer announcement
BIG REGRET: Tennis world stunned by Boris Becker bombshell
Ohanian and Alexis are often spotted courtside cheering on Williams, with fans gushing over the couple’s romance.
However Ohanian recently revealed how you would never have seen him at a tennis match before he met his 23-time grand slam champion wife.
“I hated tennis for a long time, until I met my wife and tried to learn it,” the Reddit co-founder told CNN recently.
“I am always a sports fan and when I watched a final closely I understood the privilege I had.
“Now I appreciate the world of tennis, I understand how the world of tennis is a difficult and intense world.
“In the world of technology we work very and really hard, but we have been naive since the work done by a professional tennis player, both physically and mentally, is absolutely on another level.”
Ohanian said it’s a privilege to be able to take his daughter and get a front-row seat to see his wife do her thing.
“I sat in the front row to see everything Serena does, to understand her role in the world and I discovered how different she is from others,” he said.
“I know how much she has worked for everything, not only as a woman but also as a black woman.
“At the same time Olympia will never question all the great work her mother has done and one day I will explain it to her, but I want to make her understand that I do my part too.”
Australian Open set for February 8 start
Serena will be back in action when the Australian Open gets underway, reportedly on February 8, three weeks after the original start date.
According to multiple sources, Tennis Australia CEO Craig Tiley has sent an email to players, coaches and managers outlining strict conditions, including two weeks quarantine.
News Corp reported Tiley’s leaked email said authorities had agreed to special conditions for players that would allow them to prepare in Melbourne for the year’s first grand slam.
“It's taken a while, but the great news is it looks like we are going to be able to hold the AO on February 8,” Tiley said in an email, according to News Corp.
“Players will have to quarantine for two weeks from 15 January, but the Victorian Government has agreed to special conditions for AO participants - agreeing that they need to be able to prepare for a grand slam.”
Tennis Australia said late Wednesday the Victorian Government was still to sign off on the final plan.
Earlier in the day Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said he was committed to hosting the tournament but the situation in Melbourne was very different to the US Open in New York or French Open in Paris.
Andrew said the details of quarantine arrangements for players were still being finalised.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.