Candice Warner has been forced to re-live her infamous ‘toilet tryst’ with Sonny Bill Williams in a brutal moment on Channel 7 reality show SAS Australia.
The new show, which sees Australian celebrities and sportspeople put through the brutal SAS training course, also features interrogations with the contestants.
Warner - the wife of Australian cricket star David - was asked about her infamous moment with SBW during an interrogation on Monday night’s episode.
“In my early 20s I made a very big mistake,” Candice said.
“It is something I am not proud of but something I can never take back.
“I put myself in a situation where I shouldn’t have and because of that I brought embarrassment (and) shame to my family.”
Candice Warner (then Candice Falzon before she was married) and Williams met at the Clovelly hotel in 2007 and were filmed by a member of the public in a toilet cubicle.
Candice, 22, was an elite ironwoman at the time and a 21-year-old Williams was at the start of his NRL career with the Bulldogs.
Gavin Orr, Williams’ manager at the time, previously said his player was heavily intoxicated.
“He had been there since 2pm and I know he was really blind,’’ Orr said.
“I don’t know anything about Candice Falzon - all I was told was that Sonny Bill was taken home in a taxi by Willie Mason’s girlfriend just before midnight.’’
Candice Warner forced to live with SBW scandal
Max Markson, Candice’s manager at the time said she was “terribly embarrassed”, while Candice later admitted what happened and said: “I’ve made a mistake and I’m very, very sorry about it.”
“I’m conscious of my image as a sportswoman and I’ve got a responsibility to young people. Young girls look up to me,” she added.
In an interview with Australian Story in 2008, Candice said: “I wasn’t in a state where I didn’t know what happened, but you don’t think of how your actions, when you’re drunk, can have an affect on your life.
“You really don’t. You are in your own little zone. Although you are conscious of what you’re doing, you’re not really.”
Candice, who has been forced to deal with slurs from strangers on the street about the infamous incident, was also forced to re-live the nightmare during an Australian cricket tour of South Africa in 2018.
Fans targeted Candice and David with ugly taunts and sledges throughout the series, with some wearing masks of Williams’ face during matches.
David was also involved in a nasty stairwell run-in with Quinton de Kock during the first Test of the series, after the South African wicketkeeper allegedly sledged him about Candice.
“I cop it left, right and centre, especially off the field from spectators and I’m used to that and it doesn’t bother me,” Warner said at the time.
“But in a proximity of my personal space and from behind me, a comment that was vile and disgusting about my wife, and in general about a lady, was quite poor, I felt.
“My emotional response was just something that I don’t believe should have been said and I’ll always stick up for my family and in that case my teammates as well.”
That series was most infamous for Australia’s ball-tampering scandal, which saw David banned for 12 months by Cricket Australia.
Candice later revealed that the stress from the controversial tour saw her suffer a miscarriage.
“I finally received a weak apology from Cricket South Africa. I realised they’re the ones to feel ashamed, not me,” she said.
“I’d like to extend that apology to Sonny Bill. He’s a husband and father, so imagine how his wife would feel and his kids.
“It’s time to put it to rest and get on with things that matter.”
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.