Robbie Farah's claim on the NSW hooker jersey was loosening with every week he spent on the bench for South Sydney.
But that's set to change on Friday night, with our sources at Redfern claiming he'll return to the starting side against his old club Wests Tigers.
We're detecting a difference of opinion within the NSW camp over who should be hooker.
MORE 7TH TACKLE:
- Another cocaine blow for Cronulla
- Roosters at odds with NRL over SKD punishment
- Daly Cherry-Evans back at Maroons table
- Asiata on the hop in Rabbitohs shake-up
- Cameron Smith's half-ton just the tonic
- Sharks make massive play for Josh Dugan
Fiercely loyal, coach Laurie Daley would like to stick with Farah, despite the fact the veteran has been playing less than 50 minutes a week.
But his new selection advisor, Peter Sterling, is a fan of re-born Panthers rake Peter Wallace.
It appears to be a race in two between the evergreens, with Nathan Peats considered too much of a risk on debut at Suncorp Stadium.
The next fortnight at the NRL coalface will determine who gets the nod.