Social media messages have revealed a conversation with Jayden Okunbor and a Port Macquarie schoolgirl during a pre-season trip.
Okunbur and Corey Harawira-Naera were the two Bulldogs players stood down for alleged misconduct after they reportedly brought two schoolgirls back to their hotel for consensual sex.
'EASY TARGET': Cam Smith weighs in on 'divisive' Latrell Mitchell saga
The Bulldogs confirmed both players had been provisionally suspended by the NRL, but did not go into immediate detail the nature of their alleged breaches.
However, Sydney Morning Herald journalists Adrian Proszenko and Michael Chammas have reported that the players were temporarily stood down for allegedly having consensual sex with two school-aged girls they met in Port Macquarie during a recent pre-season trip.
Now, SMH have revealed direct Instagram messages between Okunbor and schoolgirl on the winger’s now deleted Instagram account.
On Instagram, the schoolgirl asks Okunbor: “Having a good stalk?”
The Bulldogs star replied: “Yeah had to have a good look, what are we doing tonight?
The girl responds: “You ;)”.
The Bulldogs winger then said: “Okay, okay, we’re you at the school today?”
She replied: “Sure was.”
Then the girl replied with a photo of the Bulldogs winger next to her.
The publication claims the screenshot is from the girl’s phone and has been seen by the NRL and the Bulldogs.
The original SMH report stressed that there was no criminal investigation into the incident and Chammas confirmed the girls at the centre of the scandal were of legal age.
No complaints have been made against either player.
“They did breach team policy by bringing girls back to the room,” Sydney Morning Herald reporter Chammas told Triple M’s Rush Hour with MG.
“In terms of the Bulldogs, they set these guidelines out for the players that they weren’t to bring females back to the room.
“The girls were in high school, but they were of legal age, however, the club made the moral judgment this was against what they stood for and decided in consultation with the NRL that they’d stand them down.
“This came to the Bulldogs on Friday and there’s been a series of interviews with the people involved since then and they’ve decided to take this course of action.”