Neymar's mum dating pro gamer six years younger than him
Neymar's mum would be used to her son making headlines around the world, but the 52-year-old has grabbed some for herself this time.
Nadine Goncalves, the mother of 28-year-old Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil star Neymar, appears to have a new, much younger love interest.
'UTTERLY SHAMEFUL': Piers Morgan slams footballer's 'disgusting' sex party
'TERRIBLE NEWS': Football rocked by devastating virus tragedy
NOT ON: Footy star breaks lockdown for fiancee's 18th birthday
Goncalves shared a pic of the happy couple on Instagram and Neymar appears to given the relationship his seal of approval.
Neymar's mum is reportedly dating a professional gamer named Tiago Ramos, who at 22 is six years younger than the Brazilian football star.
She posted an affectionate photo of herself and Ramos embracing with the caption: "The inexplicable cannot be explained, you live it," followed by a love heart emoji.
Neymar responded to the post with his own message of support for his mother, apparently not fazed by the significant age gap between the pair.
"Be happy mum, love you,” Neymar commented on her Instagram post with a love heart emoji.
Neymar's parents split in 2016 after being married for 25 years.
Coincidentally, his mum's new love interest also happens to be somewhat of a super fan of the football star.
Ramos has revealed that he wrote to his idol in 2017, saying: "Neymar you are fantastic, I don't know how to explain the emotion of being a fan of a guy like you, I see you playing and I'm very motivated, one day I hope to read this message with you, be your brother, and play together.
"I know that one day I will meet you, because I am a dreamy boy where I do not give up on my goals!”
That dream has since become a reality with Ramos posting a number of snaps with Neymar on Instagram, including one of the pair posing together in January.
FIFA considering third transfer window
As Neymar and the rest of the football world waits for the sport to kick off again, football's governing body is considering a radical proposal around the COVID-19 shutdown.
FIFA could allow a third transfer window to enable the sport to seek flexible solutions to the coronavirus pandemic which has put league seasons on hold.
James Kitching, director of Football Regulatory at FIFA, told Germany's broadcaster ARD a third transfer period could be a possibility for federations.
This would be dealt with flexibly as long as the current total period for transfers of 16 weeks is not extended, he said.
At present the two transfer periods are a maximum of 12 weeks between seasons and four weeks in the middle of the season.
FIFA last week approved guidelines on players' contracts and transfer deadlines to enable league seasons to be extended beyond June as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
On transfer windows FIFA said it "will be flexible and will allow the relevant transfer windows to be moved so they fall between the end of the old season and the start of the new season."
Players with contracts expiring on June 30 should be allowed to complete the season if it finishes at a later stage, FIFA said.
Most leagues are suspended because of the coronavirus pandemic and plans are being made to complete seasons - with play almost certainly going beyond that regular cut-off date.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino said the Covid-19 pandemic had "clearly changed all the factual circumstances around football for this season."