The sister of football superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has made extraordinary claims that coronavirus is the “biggest fraud” she’s ever seen.
‘C**T OF YOUR MOTHER’: Lionel Messi accused of vile slur
The Portuguese soccer federation said Ronaldo was doing well and had no symptoms after he tested positive while with the national team.
But in the aftermath to the shock announcement, Ronaldo’s sister Katia Aveiro says she doesn’t buy it.
“If Cristiano Ronaldo is the one who has to wake the world up, I have to say that this really is an envoy from God. Thank you!” Aveiro wrote on Instagram in Portuguese.
“I believe that, today, thousands of people who have come to believe so much in this pandemic, in the tests and the measures taken will, like me, see it is the biggest fraud I’ve seen since I was born.
“A phrase that I read today and that I stood up to applaud, ‘Enough fooling the entire world’. Someone, open your eyes, please.”
Ronaldo was put into isolation and dropped from the country’s Nations League match against Sweden on Wednesday in Lisbon.
“Ronaldo is doing great. He is dealing very well with this,” Portugal coach Fernando Santos said.
“He is asymptomatic, he has no problems. He doesn't even know how this happened to him.”
According to local media reports, Ronaldo flew in a private ambulance jet back to Turin to continue his quarantine on Wednesday.
The private ambulance jet Cristiano Ronaldo is currently on flying direction Turin pic.twitter.com/N1H4iPmf18— Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri) October 14, 2020
Concerning photo emerges after Ronaldo news
Ronaldo, one of the most prolific goal scorers in the sport’s history, played in the 0-0 draw at France in the Nations League on Sunday and in the 0-0 draw against Spain in a friendly last week.
On Monday, the Juventus forward posted a photo on Twitter and Instagram showing him and the rest of the Portugal squad having a meal together.
The players were all close to each other at a table, with a smiling Ronaldo apparently taking the photo himself at the front end.
Along with the tweet, Ronaldo wrote, in Portuguese, “United on and off the field!”
Players who tested positive for COVID-19 recently include Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, Paul Pogba, Paulo Dybala, Angel Di Maria, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Diego Costa.
The Portuguese federation said Ronaldo’s result prompted another round of tests for the rest of the national squad.
It said everyone else in the team tested negative.
Santos said Ronaldo’s positive result came on Monday and he remained in isolation in his room until he could be tested again on Tuesday along with the rest of the squad.
He said the players have been tested seven times since they arrived.
“Every day we have been tested and of course that leaves us with a bitter taste because we have done everything right,” he said.
“We followed every health rule. Unfortunately, this still happened. That's life.”
Two other Portugal players, Jose Fonte and Anthony Lopes, tested positive for COVID-19 recently.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.