Floyd Mayweather responds to Khabib's throwdown

Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather has responded to Khabib Nurmagomedov’s throw down to bring the 50-0 fighter out of retirement – and the result may surprise you.

Khabib defeated McGregor at UFC 229 in Las Vegas earlier this month to retain his belt and his perfect record (27-0).

As the dust continues to settle from the shocking scenes that unfolded, and continues to unfold, after the fight – Khabib is seemingly full steam ahead.

“Let’s go, Floyd, we have to fight now,” Khabib said in a video posted on Instagram.

Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather has added fuel to the fire. Pic: Getty

“50-0 versus 27-0, two guys who have never, never lost. Let’s go. Why not?

“In the jungle, there is only one king. Of course, I am the king. He could not drop McGregor, but I dropped him easily. That’s right. Let’s go.”

Khabib’s bombshell request sent shockwaves through the fighting community, as many are still eagerly waiting for the full consequences of Khabib and McGregor’s run-in to surface.

But Mayweather added fuel to the fire by producing his own response on Instagram:

“CBS, Showtime and MGM Grand get the checkbook out!,” Mayweather wrote.

“Go to @leonardellerbe ‘s page to view Khabib Nurmagomedov challenging me.

“LET’S MAKE LAS VEGAS GREAT AGAIN!”

Floyd Mayweather made a reported $US275 million for his mega-fight against McGregor, who pocketed a cool $US100 million himself.

Only time will tell if Khabib will strap on the boxing gloves and go toe-to-toe with arguably one of the greatest boxers in history.

But Nurmagomedov has already been temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for his role in the UFC 229 brawl, with a meeting set for October 24 to discuss further penalties.

So whether he will be eligible to even fight again in Las Vegas is another matter entirely.

‘Having seizures’: Khabib reveals brutal toll from McGregor fight

Khabib Nurmagomedov has opened up on the shocking physical toll of his victory over Conor McGregor.

The Russian fighter demolished McGregor at UFC 229, making the Irishman tap out in the fourth round.

BOMBSHELL: Khabib levels stunning accusation at UFC

‘SPECIAL TREATMENT’: Rousey blasts UFC and McGregor

Khabib was dominant inside the Octagon, but has since made a shocking revelation about the affect the fight had on his health.

Khabib says he suffered a number of severe seizures the night before the fight, due to the weight he had to lose.

“The day before the fight I did not sleep at all,” he told Russian TV on Sunday.

Floyd Mayweather took down Conor McGregor in their 2017 boxing bout. Pic: Getty

“I had weight loss and I felt very bad. I was having seizures and I felt very ill.

“But if I lost I would not tell you about this. Because that would have been an excuse.

“However after the weigh-in everything was good. The main thing was my psychological attitude.

“If you are not psychologically ready then your physical training will not help you in the fight.

“I worry like any other fighter – the whole world is watching us.

“I’m not worried that anyone can beat me, I worry only about what I can lose. I am 30 years old and the years have passed very quickly.

“Victory, defeat, all of this is not as important as the good things in life.”