Australian cricketing great Michael Hussey has opened up about his experience after contracting the coronavirus while working as a batting coach in the IPL.
Hussey, 45, tested positive to the virus shortly after a fellow coach for the Chennai Super Kings was found to have Covid earlier in May.
'RUMOUR-MONGERING': Aussie bowlers fume over Michael Clarke claim
'WE'RE AWARE': Ashes villain addresses sandpaper saga
Those two cases, combined with the drastically worsening spread of the virus in India, resulted in the IPL season being suspended.
The tournament had been played inside a bubble in Mumbai, where Hussey told Fox Sports he had felt safe, but a move to Dehli exposed several IPL figures to the virus.
After suspecting he'd contracted the virus, Hussey admitted he had a 'why me?' moment before his thoughts turned to the overall situation.
"I wasn't surprised," he told Fox Sports.
"I was a bit like, 'Oh gosh, why me', but I didn't really think too much at all. I thought it was a bit of a shame.
"I certainly wasn't worried about my breathing or things like that. It was just a bit annoying, really.
"Looking back on it now, it probably did knock me around a bit more than I thought at the time.
"At the time, I thought I didn't feel great but not life-threatening or anything like that. But it does take its toll on you after a while, I guess."
Hussey returned to Australia on the commercial flight that repatriated the majority of Australia's 38 IPL players, coaches and staff.
He was allowed to join the flight after completing 10 days of isolation in India, and will is now in the mandatory 14 days of hotel quarantine after arriving back home.
Australian cricketers return home amid India's COVID chaos
The cricketers will spend a fortnight in NSW's hotel-quarantine system.
They have been given no exemptions or concessions but are being accommodated outside the state's cap on returned travellers.
"We don't give a blanket yes to anybody," Berejiklian told reporters on Monday.
"A request was made to go over and above our cap.
"If we get these requests through federal government authorities or other authorities, our health and police teams make independent assessments.
"For example ... seasonal workers or other categories of people.
"We have received those requests and we have dealt with them through independent assessment from health and police.
"If health and police feel that we can't go over our cap at all for a particular reason, well, that request will be denied."
It is the second time in the space of six months that NSW has come to the sport's aid.
Last summer, Australia and India players were given the green light to fly from the IPL to Sydney after CA's talks with the Queensland government fell through.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.