Nick Kyrgios has been hit with another US$4000 fine for his actions during his win over Daniil Medvedev at the US Open.
The Aussie star stormed into the fourth round in New York for the first time in his career with his second win over the World No.1 in three weeks.
'NEVER SEEN THAT': Rafa Nadal moment shocks fans at US Open
'NEVER SEEN THAT': Nick Kyrgios loses point after illegal act
In doing so he became the first player to beat a World No.1 twice in the same year since Pat Cash in 1987.
However the victory hasn't come without a cost, with US Open officials hitting Kyrgios with a $4000 fine for an audible obscenity during the match.
It marks the third time Kyrgios has been fined so far at the US Open after he was docked US$7500 for spitting and swearing during his second-round win over Benjamin Bonzi.
He was also fined $4000 for racquet abuse during a doubles match with Thanasi Kokkinakis, taking his total to $15,500 (AU$23,000) for the tournament.
During his win over Medvedev, Kyrgios could once again be heard swearing towards his player's box.
Kyrgios' entourage found themselves at the centre of drama when Medvedev threatened to quit unless someone from the box wasn't removed.
Medvedev claimed someone in Kyrgios' box was yelling out in between his first and second serves.
"If they do it a second time, I am not playing unless they're out, until somebody is out," the Russian raged.
Nick Kyrgios not getting ahead of himself
In an explosive encounter laced with controversy and drama, Kyrgios risked being defaulted and overcame a running verbal battle with the chair umpire before ousting Medvedev 7-6 (13-11) 3-6 6-3 6-2.
"It was an amazing match," Kyrgios said.
"Obviously Daniil is defending champion. A lot of pressure on his shoulders, but I played really well. I've been playing amazing for the last couple of months.
"But what a place - packed house in New York, I'm extremely blessed.
"I'm just really happy and hopefully I can keep it going."
The 27-year-old Aussie will now play another Russian in Karen Khachanov for a spot in the semi-finals on Tuesday (Wednesday AEST).
However the Wimbledon finalist isn't getting ahead of himself.
"Hopefully I can go all way," Kyrgios said before revealing he deliberately didn't over-celebrate.
"It's only fourth round. I've got quarter-finals.
"It was an amazing experience obviously taking down the No.1 player in the world on Arthur Ashe Stadium but I don't really like to celebrate too much after that.
"I know that if I played him nine more times, he's probably getting on top of me the majority of the time.
"So I just take it, just get back to the right things. I just stay in the moment, and that's it."
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.