Conor McGregor has announced his engagement to partner Dee Devlin, sending UFC fans into a frenzy.
The retired UFC superstar took to social media on Saturday to announce the news, posting a photo with Devlin and the engagement ring.
“What a birthday, my future wife,” he wrote.
‘JEALOUS’: MMA star defends 'sexualised Instagram posts
‘DISGUSTING’: Anger after UFC star spits in opponent's food
McGregor seemingly popped the question on his partner’s birthday.
The photo had attracted a staggering 2.4 million likes at time of publishing, while a number of UFC stars sent messages of congratulations.
“Congratulations to you and Dee!!!" wrote Arten Lobov.
Holly Holm wrote: “Congratulations! Many blessings.”
McGregor and Devlin have been together since 2008 and have two children - son Conor McGregor Jr and daughter Croia.
“My girlfriend worked very hard throughout the years and stuck by me when I had essentially nothing,” McGregor previously told the Irish Mirror.
“For me to be able to take her out of work, give her everything she’s ever wanted and to travel the world with, fills me with pride.
“Every day, since I started out in this game, she’s supported me.
“She’d drive me to the gym, and she’d listen to all my dreams.
“Dee is a lifesaver for me. I wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t for her, and that’s for sure. I’m doing all of this for her.”
Mystery surround Conor McGregor retirement
The 32-year-old announce his retirement for the third time in June, although there are still question marks about whether or not we’ve seen the last of him.
“Hey guys I've decided to retire from fighting,” McGregor announced.
“Thank you all for the amazing memories! What a ride it's been!
“Here is a picture of myself and my mother in Las Vegas post one of my World title wins! Pick the home of your dreams Mags I love you! Whatever you desire it's yours.”
In March 2019 he shared a similar announcement before backflipping.
“Hey guys quick announcement, I've decided to retire from the sport formally known as 'Mixed Martial Arts' today,” he wrote at the time.
“I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition. I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement. Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!”
This week UFC boss Dana White said McGregor definitely won’t be fighting in 2020, but wasn’t sure beyond that.
“This year, he’s retired,” White said.
“He doesn’t have a fight this year, and he won’t have a fight this year. Conor McGregor will not fight in 2020.
“I’m not saying he won’t fight in 2021, but I’m telling you we don’t have a fight planned for him in 2021.
“But I guarantee you he will not fight in 2020. Conor McGregor is retired.”