Two tennis stars have clashed at the Monte Carlo Masters after one accused the other's girlfriend of cheering while points were still being played.
The match between Pablo Carreno Busta and Stefano Travaglia ended in somewhat acrimonious fashion after the former allegedly made comments about Travaglia's partner on court.
'BIG DISAPPOINTMENT': Top players caught in ATP virus bombshell
'ONLY HUMAN': Ash Barty stunned by Australian Open villain
Busta claimed a straight sets victory over Travaglia, but tensions rose earlier in the match when Travaglia accused Busta's coach of clapping before a point was won.
The Spanish world no.12 shot right back at Travaglia, accusing his girlfriend, who was seated in the stands, of saying 'si' in the middle of rallies.
“Be careful when touching my girl’s name,” Travaglia said in reply, according to tennis reporter Jose Morgado.
There would be more to come later on according to fellow tennis aficionado Michael Gallo, who reported on Twitter that Travaglia had complained to the chair umpire about the exchange.
Big drama between Travaglia and Carreño.
Pablo’s coach clapped in the middle of the point, Stefano was mad and Pablo said that Stefano’s girlfriend also said ‘si’ sometimes before the point is over today.
The Italian was mad. ‘Be careful when touching my girls’ name’ pic.twitter.com/Lb8uupeCbe
— José Morgado (@josemorgado) April 13, 2021
Travaglia to the umpire: “you understand what he say? No respect for my girlfriend” - not sure what that meant but wow.
— Michael Gallo (@Galloots) April 13, 2021
"You understand what he say? No respect for my girlfriend," Travaglia reportedly said.
Busta claimed a 7-5 7-5 victory over the Italian, consigning him to a seventh straight ATP defeat.
World No.2 Daniil Medvedev COVID-19 positive in Monte Carlo
World No.2 Daniil Medvedev of Russia has tested positive for the novel coronavirus and has been withdrawn from this week's Monte Carlo Masters.
Medvedev, who was seeded second behind top-ranked Novak Djokovic at the ATP Masters 1000 event on clay, has been put in isolation and is being monitored by the tournament and ATP medical teams, the men's tennis governing body said in a statement.
"It's a big disappointment not to play in Monte-Carlo," said the 25-year-old.
"My focus is now on recovery and I look forward to getting back out on Tour as soon and as safely as possible."
The ATP on Monday posted a video of Medvedev's practice session in Monte Carlo with Spaniard Rafa Nadal.
The governing body did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Nadal's participation in the tournament.
Medvedev, who had a first round bye, was scheduled to play the winner of the match between Serbian Filip Krajinovic and Nikoloz Basilashvili of Georgia but tested positive on Monday.
The Russian, who lives in Monte Carlo, was replaced in the draw by Argentinian lucky loser Juan Ignacio Londero.
Nadal's publicist Benito Perez-Barbadillo told Reuters the the 34-year-old world No.3 was yet to show any symptoms but was being vigilant in watching for them.
"Nadal is absolutely fine," Perez-Barbadillo said on phone from Monte Carlo. "As we understand the virus does not anyways show before three-four days.
"The next scheduled testing is in three days."
Watch 'Mind Games', the new series from Yahoo Sport Australia exploring the often brutal mental toil elite athletes go through in pursuit of greatness:
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.