Shane Warne's family furious over security breach before autopsy

The woman, pictured here spending around 40 seconds inside the ambulance with Shane Warne's body.
The woman spent around 40 seconds inside the ambulance with Shane Warne's body. Images: ABC

Shane Warne's family are said to be fuming after a random woman was allowed access to see his body in an ambulance before it was transferred to the Thai mainland for an autopsy.

Shocking footage was captured by the ABC on Monday showing the German woman being granted access to see Warne's body in an ambulance, which Thai police have since admitted was a security breach.

'NEVER FORGET': Michael Clarke reveals incredible Shane Warne act

'HATED THEM': Shane Warne's manager shoots down ugly theories

The woman, identified as Barbara, could be seen carrying a bunch of flowers as she entered the ambulance and stayed with Warne's body for around 40 seconds.

"I am a big fan of him. It's very sad that we lost him. I just took the flowers to pay condolences," the woman later told the ABC.

"I am sorry about yesterday but I [did] not mean [any] negative act by that. I am a big fan, he is a great player."

Thai police launched an investigation into the incident but said the woman didn't do anything against the law.

"When we knew about that we took her for questioning and found she lives in [Koh] Samui and she knew that Warne came here often and she was a fan," Police Lieutenant General Surachate Hakparn said at a press conference.

"When she heard about Warne, she was sad and at the last moment of life she wanted to lay flowers to honour the death."

However there are serious questions being asked about how she got in so easily.

According to the Herald Sun, Warne's family are furious about the breach.

Warne's body was transported to the Thai mainland by ferry from Koh Samui on Monday, where he was found unresponsive in his villa by friends.

Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead.

Thai immigration police, pictured here at the ferry pier where Shane Warne's body was transferred.
Thai immigration police are seen at the ferry pier where Shane Warne's body was transferred. (Photo by Sirachai Arunrugstichai/Getty Images) (Sirachai Arunrugstichai via Getty Images)

Shocking footage of security breach before Warne's autopsy

In the footage, Barbara can be seen with a Thai woman talking to local immigration officials as the ferry was making final preparations before departing Koh Samui.

In English, the Thai woman says: "Yeah, yeah she knows him."

In Thai, she also says: "Thank you very much, she's a friend."

The two women were then escorted through rows of cars to the ambulance containing Warne's body, where Barbara spoke to the driver and was then granted access to see him.

Barbara spent about 40 seconds inside the ambulance before the driver appeared to ask her to leave.

An ambulance, pictured here carrying the body of Shane Warne leaving Surat Thani Hospital morgue.
An ambulance carrying the body of Shane Warne leaves Surat Thani Hospital morgue before being repatriated to Australia. (Photo by JACK TAYLOR/AFP via Getty Images) (JACK TAYLOR via Getty Images)

Warne's body will be flown back to Australia on Tuesday after Thai police confirmed he died of a suspected heart attack.

Police said there were no suspicious circumstances in the death of the 52-year-old, who they say died of 'natural causes'.

Citing autopsy results, Lieutenant-General Hakparn told a news conference there were no signs of foul play.

Songyot Chayaninporamet, deputy director of Samui Hospital, told reporters the autopsy report showed Warne died of a "congenital disease".

"There is no Covid-19 infection and no sign of assault or murder," Songyot added.

with AAP

Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.