NRL boss Andrew Abdo says the league will sit down and discuss Victor Radley's actions with him after the Roosters player was caught on camera imitating an X-rated act in the dressing rooms after State of Origin II.
Radley, who was part of the NSW squad but didn't play in the Blues' 44-12 win over Queensland in Perth, could be seen simulating the explicit act on unaware Roosters teammate Joseph Suaalii after the game.
ORIGIN FALLOUT: Good news for Channel 9 is bad news for fans
Channel 9 commentators were discussing teenage sensation Suaalii, who was also in the NSW squad, at the time.
"What you're looking at there is an absolute superstar who is going to be at the top of the tree for the next 15 years," Andrew Johns said.
Radley and Suaalii appeared to be listening to the comments when Radley was caught on camera mimicking the X-rated act.
Addressing the incident on Tuesday, NRL chief executive Abdo said he will seek a sit-down meeting with Radley to speak about his actions.
“It’s certainly far from ideal when something like that happens,” Abdo told the Sydney Morning Herald.
“It happened in the sheds, but unfortunately was captured and broadcast broadly.
“We are looking at it and we’ll be having a conversation with Victor and the NSWRL.”
Radley has previously been kicked off a plane for being intoxicated and received a two-game ban and $20,000 fine.
He also tackled a man during a street party in 2020.
“Victor is a fantastic footballer, he plays with his heart on his sleeve. He’s made some mistakes,” Abdo said.
“I’m not going to talk more broadly about that now. I look forward to having a conversation with him about this when the time is right.
“I think we need to differentiate between what happens on the field and off the field. This will be dealt with appropriately."
Radley's inclusion in the NSW squad raised some eyebrows around the rugby league world given he was out injured and unavailable to play.
However he will make his return this week in the Roosters' clash with Penrith.
Payne Haas and Cameron Munster named for club sides
Meanwhile, Payne Haas and Cameron Munster have been named to play for Brisbane and Melbourne respectively this weekend despite suffering injuries in State of Origin II.
Haas suffered a syndesmosis injury on Sunday and went for scans on Monday after leaving Optus Stadium in a moon boot.
Broncos football boss Ben Ikin says Haas is still a chance to play and the prop forward was subsequently named in Brisbane's team to face North Queensland on Saturday night.
"The bloke is so single-minded and has this capacity to push through the pain barrier," Ikin told SEN.
Munster has been named to start for the Storm despite having his left shoulder iced after Origin II.
The five-eighth only arrived back in Melbourne on Monday afternoon but has been cleared to travel with the Storm to take on Manly on Thursday evening.
However fellow Maroon Felise Kaufusi won't feature for the Storm after the second-rower flew to the US on Tuesday to be with his father Taniela, who has been hospitalised in Los Angeles.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.