Advertisement

Nick Kyrgios stuns tennis world in eye-opening new career move

The Aussie star has stunned the tennis world by announcing he has joined adult content site OnlyFans.

Pictured Nick Kyrgios
Nick Kyrgios has sent fans into a frenzy announcing he is joining adult content site OnlyFans. Image: Getty

Nick Kyrgios has sent tennis fans into a frenzy, announcing he is joining adult content site OnlyFans. The Aussie tennis star revealed the surprise move on social media, stating that he would be offering fans a look at his "intimate side".

"Gaming, tattoos, my intimate side – it’s all on the table and I’ll be bringing fans along for the ride!" Kyrgios said in a statement. The 28-year-old has been battling a knee and wrist injury and is expected to not be available to compete at the Australian Open in January.

QUESTION MARK: Emma Raducanu's massive setback in bid to play at Aus Open

SAD: Nick Kyrgios' staggering revelation about Shane Warne letter

Upon announcing his new career move, Kyrgios said joining OnlyFans was a "no-brainer" as he wants to create, produce and direct his own content. "They (OnlyFans) are revolutionising social media and I wanted to be a part of that," he said. "Athletes can no longer just show up on the court or the field, we have to show up online too. I want to create, produce, direct and own content. That’s the future.

"I've been speaking to my fans directly for years and I know what they want to see. Of course, there’ll be tennis balls involved, tips, tricks and behind the scenes, but also they’ll get to see all different sides of me. Gaming, tattoos, my intimate side – it’s all on the table and I’ll be bringing fans along for the ride!"

OnlyFans CEO Keily Blair said: “A lot like OnlyFans, Nick is a disruptor, so it’s great to see him joining our platform, finding new ways to share his content and express himself. We can’t wait to see what he has in store for his fans.” Kyrgios’ OnlyFans page will be free to access.

LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 28: Nick Kyrgios of Australia makes his way back to the clubhouse after a practice session ahead of The Championships - Wimbledon 2023 at All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club on June 28, 2023 in London, England. (Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images)
The Aussie tennis star announced the surprise move last night on social media, stating that he would be offering fans a look at his "intimate side". Image: Getty (Clive Brunskill via Getty Images)

Nick Kyrgios expected to miss the Australian Open

The Aussie tennis star was not on the official entry list for the Brisbane International or the Australian Open when the fields were announced on Wednesday, seemingly ruling out the chances of him being in action at Melbourne Park in January. Organisers had been optimistic that the Aussie talent would make his return at the Brisbane International, but with his absence from a lead-in tournament it appears highly unlikely he will make his long-awaited return in January.

Kyrgios previously held out hope he would be ready to go in time for the Australian Open but did admit that the stars would need to align for it to happen. Despite his absence from the official entry list, Brisbane tournament director Cam Pearson is still holding out hope that he could take part and said he would be granted a late wildcard if he wanted to compete.

"Nick is a day-by-day proposition at the moment. I think he said that himself," Pearson said on Wednesday. "Hopefully he'll share his January plans very soon.

"We've got a couple of wildcards left and selectors have a big decision. There are a number of Aussies that are vying for those two wildcards. If Nick is fit, he will certainly be one of them. He’s coming back from some serious surgery and has to do what’s right for his preparation."

Sign up to our newsletter and score the biggest sport stories of the week.

Yahoo Australia