'Give me one more shot': Anthony Mundine's shocking request

Anthony Mundine has made the starting revelation that he wants one more fight with Jeff Horn, despite being convincingly defeated in the pair’s last bout.

In an interview with Fox Sports, The Man made the stunning requests that he wants to take up one last fight with The Hornet and that he doesn’t want to ‘die wondering’.

MUNDINE’S FAREWELL: ‘I want to thank the Australian public’

‘THUNDER HOOK’ KO: Whyte calls out heavyweight champ Joshua after epic win


“I can’t go out like that. Period. I thought it was going to be over after this one, too. But when something happens like that and you’ve had time to reflect on it, you’re like, ‘Man, just give me another chance’,” Mundine told Fox Sports.

“I don’t want to die wondering, man. Just give me one more shot.

Anthony Mundine wants another shot at Jeff Horn. Pic: Getty

“I think people power can make this fight happen. If you guys start talking and start ramping it up … I believe I can win. Some of you might think I’m delirious or what not but that’s fine, I’m cool with that, because of what happened.

“If I do win, and when I do win, this will be a story you can tell your grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, grand, great grandchildren. So let’s try and make it happen.

“I know what I can do. I want to give you two for one. Two for one meaning you’re going to get two shows for the price of one.”

Most fight fans will find Mundine’s call ridiculous, considering how he was embarrassed in a 96-second KO last time he shared a ring with Horn.

Anthony Mundine reportedly robbed by an acquaintance

The retired boxer has told The Daily Telegraph that only people he knows are aware of the location of his house, leaving the 43-year-old suspicious of those within his circle.

The Daily Telegraph have revealed around $1000 was stolen from his home, along with a valuable boxing necklace and a watch.

The former NRL star was reportedly robbed during a three-day trip to Queensland last week.

“I have my suspicions — I know it’s someone that has to know me,” Mundine told The Daily Telegraph.

“Pretty much no one knows where I live, only really family and friends. I don’t tell anyone anything.”

Mundine recently retired from boxing after his brutal 96-second KO loss to Jeff Horn.

Mundine reveals it was all an act

As the curtain came down on Anthony Mundine’s controversial career, he finally dropped the act.

In a candid admission after his brutal 96-second loss to Jeff Horn on Friday night, Mundine said all the trash-talk and controversial opinions were just his way of getting people to watch him fight.

“All the hype and all the bulls*** that I talk, you guys get caught up in up all the time but I’m really a cool cat, down to earth, pious and humble,” he said.

“I just want to say all the trash I talk, we’re in the entertainment business and I’ve got to try and get bums on seats, get people talking.

“Obviously a lot of people are going to like it, a lot of them are not going to like it so you’re going to get your detractors and lovers and supporters.

“It’s part of the game.”

Anthony Mundine lasted just 96 seconds. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)

For all his athletic brilliance, Mundine’s outspoken ways have often put him offside with Australia’s public.

The veteran was booed as he walked into Suncorp and then cheered when he was floored by Horn.

But post-fight, he dropped the arrogance and paid a humble tribute to Horn.

“I’ve had a great career. Jeff proved tonight he was the better man. That’s the next generation, I’ll pass it on to him,” he said after composing himself.

As he did before his previous big fights, Mundine drew criticism for speaking out on a number of topics – from the national anthem to Horn’s win over Manny Pacquiao and more.

Fans filled the comment sections and social media with a familiar refrain each time: ‘Please knock him out, Jeff.’

Anthony Mundine leaves the ring after losing against Jeff Horn. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)

While he was sent out in brutal fashion, Mundine didn’t run his mouth.

“I want to thank the Australian public,” he said.

“You guys play a big role in supporting me and getting behind me – and whether you like me, you don’t like me, you were interested.

“I played footy in a big way and boxing but my time’s up and good luck to Jeffrey and hopefully he can go on and do good things and bounce back from the Crawford (loss).”

Mundine’s new-found humility would have been refreshing for some fans, but others were fuming that he’d duped them into paying $60 to watch a 96-second fight.

with AAP