A McLaren supercar worth over $2.2 million that crashed in Monaco was reportedly being driven by former F1 driver Adrian Sutil.
Photos went viral on social media on Tuesday, showing the orange Senna LM model crumpled after running into a pole.
'THEY ALL KNOW': Renee Gracie blasts Supercars 'double standards'
Some photos appear to show Sutil, 37, sitting beside the mangled car.
The front of the car is completely destroyed, while the windshield is shattered.
Sutil is yet to confirm his involvement in the crash but reportedly walked away unscathed.
Ouch!— Zero2Turbo.com (@Zero2Turbo) July 26, 2020
A rare and expensive McLaren Senna LM has had an oops in Monaco 🇲🇨
Apparently owned by Adrian Sutil 🤷♂️ pic.twitter.com/Z8KWUbV6c0
Only 24 examples of the @McLarenAuto Senna LM were made, at £1.2m each. One of them has seen better days after being crashed. You'd have thought that its owner, ex-F1 driver Adrian Sutil, would be used to driving the roads of Monaco but this looks very expensive! #McLaren pic.twitter.com/m9TzUGoxJU— Motoring Nomad (@MotoringNomad) July 27, 2020
The crash is thought to have taken place near the Cote d'Azur commune of Eze, in the hills above Monaco.
The McLaren Senna LM supercar is said to be worth about $2,225,000, with only 24 made when released earlier this year.
Sutil is reportedly just one of six owners of the papaya orange model.
The German raced in Formula One for seven years across stints with Spyker, Force India and Sauber.
One of his best finishes came at the Monaco Grand Prix where he finished fifth in 2013.
F1 scraps American races, adds Europe trio
Meanwhile, Formula One have scrapped all four of this season's races in the Americas due to the COVID-19 pandemic and added three European rounds, including old favourites Imola and the Nuerburgring, to the calendar.
While previously scheduled grands prix in Canada, Texas, Mexico and Brazil were cancelled, Formula One said in a statement on Friday that Portugal's Portimao will host a race for the first time.
“Due to the fluid nature of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, local restrictions and the importance of keeping communities and our colleagues safe, it will not be possible to race in Brazil, USA, Mexico and Canada this season,” it said.
The cancellations take the tally of races axed from the original 2020 calendar to 11.
The other casualties of COVID are Australia, France, Monaco, the Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Singapore and Japan.
The revised schedule now has 13 rounds, with Formula One aiming for a reduced championship of between 15 and 18 with final races in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi in mid-December.
Fifteen grands prix is the minimum needed to fulfil television contracts.
China's postponed race in Shanghai is also expected to be cancelled but Vietnam remains in play and there has been talk of returning to Malaysia's Sepang.
Formula One, whose commercial rights are held by US-based Liberty Media, said it looked forward to returning to the Americas next season.
The United States on Thursday passed a total of more than four million coronavirus infections since the first US case was documented in January, according to a Reuters tally.
Texas, which was due to host the US Grand Prix at Austin's Circuit of the Americas on October 25, has been one of the states hardest hit by the resurgent coronavirus.
Brazil, with total confirmed cases of nearly 2.3 million, has the world's worst outbreak of COVID-19 outside the United States while Mexico ranks fourth in the world for fatalities.