Football WAG opens up about 'horror' home invasion

Sam Goodwin
Sports Editor
Ruby Mae and Dele Alli were caught in the horror home invasion. Image: Getty

Dele Alli’s girlfriend has spoken out about the ‘horror’ home invasion that saw the England football star held at knifepoint and punched in the face.

Alli was attacked by two armed assailants who broke into his home and got away with hundreds of thousands of dollars in valuables.

CRUEL: Football great at centre of sex tape extortion scandal

‘FAR TOO YOUNG’: 19-year-old star dies in quarantine tragedy

The Tottenham midfielder was punched in the mouth during the robbery by two masked intruders armed with knives and ordered to hand over valuables.

Alli, 24, and his adopted brother Harry Hickford were reportedly hurt in the incident after two men wielding knives broke into the player's home in Barnet, in north-east London, and threatened them in the early hours of Wednesday.

Alli’s girlfriend Ruby Mae was also reportedly home at the time but was uninjured.

“Thank you to everyone for reaching out, a horror of an experience but we are all safe,” she told fans on Instagram on Friday.

Alli described the ordeal as a “horrible experience”.

“Thank you for all the messages. Horrible experience but we're all okay now. Appreciate the support,” he posted on Twitter.

Police still searching for assailants

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said no arrests had been made and inquiries were ongoing.

“Police were called at approximately 12.35am on Wednesday, May 13, to reports of a robbery at a residential address,” a spokesman said.

“Two males gained entry to the property and stole items of jewellery, including watches, before fleeing.

“Two male occupants at the property suffered minor facial injuries after being assaulted. They did not require hospital treatment.

“There have been no arrests. Enquiries into the circumstances continue.”

Dele Alli and Ruby Mae celebrate an England victory at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. (Photo by Mehdi Taamallah/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

A club spokesman said: “We have been offering our support to Dele and those isolating with him. We encourage anyone with any information to help the police with their investigation to come forward.”

The Premier League season has been suspended for two months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The latest raid comes two months after fellow Tottenham player Jan Vertonghen's family was robbed at knifepoint while he was away on Champions League duty.

The defender was part of the squad that travelled to Germany for the last-16 second leg with RB Leipzig in March when four thieves wearing balaclavas raided his home.

They were armed with knives but Vertonghen's wife and two children were unharmed.

with AAP