- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Thai police reportedly found blood in Shane Warne's room after his death as details continue to emerge about the Aussie cricket legend's final moments.
According to Thai-language publication Matichon Online, police said they found two pools of blood near Warne's bed as well as blood stains on three towels and a pillow.
'SHATTERED': How Shane Warne's family reacted to tragic death
'MY LIONHEART': Liz Hurley's emotional tribute to Shane Warne
“A large amount of blood was found in the room,” said Pol Maj Gen Satit Polpinit, commander of Surat Thani Provincial Police.
“When CPR was started, the deceased had coughed up liquid and was bleeding.”
Matichon Online has also published photos of police and forensic specialists examining Warne's room in the hours after his tragic death.
One of the paramedics who tried to save Warne has since described how the cricketer's panicked friends desperately tried to wake him after he suffered a suspected heart attack in Thailand.
Paramedic Anuch Han-iam told British tabloid The Sun there were four or five other men in Warne's room at the Koh Samui villa when he and a colleague arrived on Friday afternoon.
Warne's friends were trying to revive the 52-year-old before Mr Anuch took over CPR.
"They were desperate. I think one was crying," the paramedic said.
"They were really stressed and panicked.
"They kept trying to wake him and I heard someone saying, 'come on, Shane. Come on, Shane'.
"I could see they were all shocked and I just tried to concentrate and do my best."
Mr Anuch said the room was clean and there were no signs of partying such as beer or cigarettes.
"I did my best for him and gave all my energy. I'm so sorry that I couldn't help him," he added.
Police have confirmed no drugs were found in Warne's room but said they took samples from a water bottle.
Police also revealed on Sunday that Warne had seen doctors about a pre-existing heart condition before his trip to Thailand.
Local police chief Yutthana Sirisombat said Warne had asthma and "had seen doctors regarding a heart condition prior to his death".
He added that relatives also said the cricket legend had previously suffered chest pain.
Sirisombat also said "no drug substance was detected in Warne's body," without giving further details.
Shane Warne's family accept offer of state funeral
Meanwhile, a state funeral will be held in Victoria after Warne's family accepted an offer from the state government.
Warne's body was being moved for an autopsy in the main state hospital in Surat Thani province on Sunday.
He had been staying in a private villa with three friends, one of whom performed CPR after finding him unresponsive when he did not show up for dinner.
He was taken by ambulance to Thai International Hospital and later his body was transferred to Koh Samui Hospital. His death is not being treated as suspicious.
Warne's manager said the cricketer had just finished a "ridiculous" diet of consuming only fluids days before his death.
"He did go on these ridiculous sort of diets, and he was just finished with one," James Erskine told Nine's Weekend Today on Sunday.
"It was a bit all or nothing. It was either white buns with butter and lasagna stuffed in the middle or he would be having black and green juices.
"He obviously smoked most of his life. I don't know. I think it was just a massive heart attack."
Erskine also told Fox Cricket that Warne was only three days into a planned three-month holiday and alone watching cricket when he fell ill.
His friend Andrew Neophitou, who was among the group staying in the same villa, went to check on him.
"They were going to have a drink ... or go and meet someone to go out and have a drink at 5pm and Neo knocked on his door at 5.15 pm because Warnie is always on time," Erskine said.
"He went in there ... and then realised something was wrong.
"And he turned him over and gave him CPR and mouth-to-mouth, which lasted about 20 minutes and then the ambulance came."
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.