Conor McGregor has been arrested in Miami.
The UFC star was detained by police on Monday after he allegedly stole and smashed a fan’s phone outside a Miami Beach hotel.
A police spokesman told The Miami Herald that McGregor is being charged with strong-armed robbery and misdemeanour criminal mischief.
The alleged incident occurred around 5 am as the fan was trying to take a photo of McGregor outside the Fontainebleau, which is home to prominent Miami nightclub LIV.
MBPD has arrested and charged Conor McGregor, DOB: 7/14/88, with Strong Arm Robbery and Criminal Mischief, both felonies. Please see arrest report and booking photo below. No additional information will be provided. pic.twitter.com/9HdkRWPnd8
— Miami Beach Police (@MiamiBeachPD) March 12, 2019
According to the police report, McGregor slapped the phone out of the victim’s hand before stomping on it and walking away with it.
The victim reportedly told police the phone was worth $1,000.
McGregor wasn’t arrested at the scene, but after detectives spent the day investigating the alleged crime they located him at a home in Miami Beach.
The robbery count carries a US$7,500 bond, while the criminal mischief bond is US$5,000, which he later posted.
The Irish fighter has been in Florida on vacation ahead of his return to the Octagon.
He’s currently serving a six-month suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for his involvement in a post-right brawl that erupted after his UFC 229 loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov in October.
More trouble for McGregor
This is McGregor’s second arrest in less than a year after last April’s attack that saw him hurl a guardrail, dolly and chairs at a bus at the Barclay’s Center in New York during UFC 223 media day.
The attack left multiple people injured, including UFC fighter Michael Chiesa, who was forced him to withdraw from his scheduled UFC 223 fight against Anthony Pettis.
The incident happened after UFC head Dana White announced that McGregor would no longer be lightweight champion after the fight between Khabib and Max Holloway.
McGregor pleaded guilty to one count of disorderly conduct and was sentenced to community service and anger management classes in a deal that allowed him to escape 12 criminal charges that could have resulted in up to seven years in prison.
Chiesa filed a civil lawsuit against McGregor seeking damages for “severe emotional distress, mental trauma and/or bodily harm.”
— TMZ (@TMZ) April 6, 2018
Recently finished sentence for bus incident
McGregor reportedly completed his community service from that incident last week.
Since the bus incident, McGregor lost to Nurmagomedov in a title fight at UFC 229 that devolved into chaos when Nurmagomedov leapt over the cage after submitting McGregor to attack McGregor’s training partner Dillon Danis, who was reportedly taunting him throughout the fight.
Two member’s of Nurmagomedov’s corner then leapt into the cage to attack McGregor.
The incident was the culmination of an ugly fight buildup that saw McGregor hurl insults at Nurmagomedov and his team.
Three members of Nurmagomedov’s team were arrested and released after McGregor declined to press charges.