Cafe slammed for 'disgusting' Cristiano Ronaldo 'sex cookies'

A cafe in England has caused outrage by selling cookies making fun of rape allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ronaldo, 33, has maintained his innocence after being accused of the charge in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

But Jose Goncalves, who is selling the ‘popular’ cookies in his Worcester cafe ‘Our Taste of Portugal’, has defended them, saying ‘everyone is making [fun] of the situation’.


But not everyone agrees that the cookies are funny.

“I couldn’t really believe it when I saw it on Facebook, I was disgusted to hear about it,” said Lydia Johnson, a referral co-ordinator at The Glade, a sexual assault referral centre in Worcestershire.

“There’s really no circumstance when it’s ever going to be OK… it’s disappointing and infuriating really to think anybody would think it was a good idea.”


Twitter users were also outraged.






Between 60 and 70 cookies had been sold by Monday morning, according to reports.

Mr Goncalves told the BBC: “[Most people] came straight to the Ronaldo cookies because they saw our post on Facebook.

“And they thought it was really funny so they bought them to take to their friends and family.

“They even told me it was a brilliant idea to do something different.”

The cookies make fun of Cristiano Ronaldo’s rape allegations. (Photo by Alessandro Sabattini/Getty Images)

A Facebook post by the cafe read: “I love Cristiano Ronaldo. I’m going to defend Ronaldo because I believe in his version. Regarding cookies, Radio used the word “Rape” of its own free will. I have nothing to do with it.

“Our idea was to make 30 cookies and play with the situation with our friends and clients in which it was well accepted and everyone found joke. One day only!

“It was very malicious what radio posted on the page. I did not authorise it. I am homosexual and abused as a child.

“If there are people who do not like to hear that word, then I am one of them. I’m sorry if I made people feel bad. I just have to say sorry to everyone.”

Source: Facebook

The Facebook post copped a flood of criticism.

Ronaldo rape allegation moving on two legal tracks in Nevada

A lawsuit filed by a Nevada woman who claims Ronaldo raped her nine years ago and paid her US$375,000 in hush money has set in motion a two-track legal process in Las Vegas.

One involves the lawsuit, which will proceed to a jury trial in civil court only if a state judge sides with attorneys for plaintiff Kathryn Mayorga on key procedural and statutory questions.

The other track involves a police investigation that was recently reopened at the request of Mayorga, a former model and schoolteacher who alleges that one of the world’s most famous athletes attacked her in the bedroom of his penthouse at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

At the end of the investigation, police will decide whether to recommend that prosecutors file criminal charges against the 33-year-old soccer star from Portugal who plays for the Italian club Juventus and his national team.

He has had lucrative contracts with other clubs including Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United and Real Madrid.

with AP