Barry Hall says while he's flattered to be linked with a sensational boxing bout with Mike Tyson, it's also an "insult" to the heavyweight legend’s legacy.
Tyson continues to tease boxing fans about a return to the ring by posting another training video on Instagram on Monday, claiming to be back.
'CAN SEE HIS SKULL': UFC world in shock over 'vicious' KO
'NEARLY MURDER': Brutal 20-second KO shocks viewers
The 53-year-old caught the attention of the boxing world last week when he posted a short video of a workout that showed he possesses plenty of the punching power and speed that allowed him to become the first heavyweight to hold the WBA, WBC and IBF titles.
Tyson said then he was considering a return to the ring for some exhibition bouts to raise money for charity.
It led to a series of current and former footy stars-turned boxers being linked with a potential blockbuster bout with 'Iron Mike'.
One of the names put forward was Sydney Swans legend Hall, who drew his one and only professional fight with NRL great Paul Gallen, in November 2019.
The 43-year-old Hall said he was honoured to be among Tyson's rumoured opponents, but insisted neither he or any other footy greats deserved to share a ring with the boxing great.
“Now I didn’t comment on the rumours around my name and two others (Paul Gallen and Sonny Bill Williams) potentially fighting Mike Tyson,” Hall wrote on Instagram.
“Firstly it would be an insult to him to be in the ring with any of us that were mentioned!
“But would I do it? Of course I would! Would I beat him? I think we all know that answer!
“It would be a honour but very unlikely at the same time.”
Hall accepts criticism over Tyson links
The AFL legend says he understands criticism from fight fans about being linked with a Tyson fight, but insists the speculation was never his own doing.
“I got a lot of hate when my name was mentioned with Mike and I get it,” Hall wrote.
“But come on guys it’s not like I called him out or think I could match him! No one spoke to me about it at all.”
NZ rugby great Williams, who dabbled in boxing, posts a 7-0-0 record while Gallen is 9-0-1 in the ring with his one draw coming against Hall in the ex-Sydney Swan's only professional fight.
More likely to take on 'Iron Mike' though would be Evander Holyfield, with whom Tyson engaged in several epic bouts during their professional careers.
The newest video showed Tyson growling through a workout hitting the pads in yet another display of the ferocious power that made him one of the sport's most feared punchers.
If Tyson, who retired after a loss to Kevin McBride in 2005, does return to the ring, he will be following in the footsteps of Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquiao in coming out of retirement for an exhibition fight.
Tyson, who became the youngest heavyweight champion of all time when he defeated Trevor Berbick in 1986 aged 20, won 50 of his 58 professional fights before retiring.