Former heavyweight boxer Julius Francis has confirmed he's out of work after footage of his brutal one-punch KO of a troublemaker in England went viral.
Francis - who famously went toe-to-toe with Mike Tyson in 2000 - was filmed flooring a loud-mouthed patron who had been kicked out of a venue at Wembley Stadium, in London.
'DISGUSTING': Justis Huni opponent's shock act leaves fight fans livid
The 57-year-old former British champion - working as a security guard at Wembley's BoxPark - was filmed delivering a frightening blow to the man who had been pushing and shoving with other staff members for several minutes.
After the man was eventually dragged away from the doors of the stadium he encountered Francis, briefly getting in his face before the 57-year-old former heavyweight floored him with a brutal punch.
— Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) June 13, 2022
The man crumpled to the ground instantly, with footage showing Francis walking away and the man's companions crying out in disbelief.
Francis was arrested by police but not charged over the incident, following witness statements and a character assessment from his employer, who described the former fighter as "one of the nicest people" he's ever met.
"I was taken to the police station and was there for about four-and-a-half hours, Francis told TMZ Sports.
"But they said no further action would be taken in this case because of statements from my manager and people who were are at the door.
"They looked at our CCTV and saw what happened."
Francis says despite being released by police without charge, he has still had his security license suspended.
"The security authority industry called the SIA actually suspended my licence to work.
"I can't work at the moment, so I'm trying to get that sorted so I can get back to work as soon as possible."
Julius Francis insists he was defending himself
Francis says he understands why he was arrested over the incident, but insisted he was defending himself against a patron who had already demonstrated several acts of violence.
"The guy came up to me and he'd already been violent, struck a couple of doormen, pushed them, punched them, went at a couple of patrons," Francis added.
"As that happened he turned around and made a B-line to me.
"He was calling me names... it doesn't harm me, but I have the right to defend myself."
BoxPark founder and CEO Roger Wade, who employs Francis, defended the actions of his security guard in the aftermath of the incident.
Wade vouched for Francis' work with underprivileged youth as a boxing trainer, and gave more details about the other man's alleged conduct before he was thrown out and eventually punched.
"My understanding is that Julius and our security team spent 15 minutes stopping this man and his friends from abusing, spitting on and hitting our customers and staff," he wrote.
"They carefully escorted him from the premises under constant provocation and violence.
"Finally the person approached Julius in a confrontational manner and he defended himself.
"Acts of violence or abuse towards staff should never be tolerated.
"How would you react if someone approached you violently? What would you do next if you were in my shoes?"
Wade ended the meesage by hashtagging 'I stand with Julius'.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.