Belgian player David Goffin has taken aim at Netflix's Break Point documentary, hitting out at the Nick Kyrgios episode which heavily features girlfriend Costeen Hatzi. Break Point has divided viewers and the tennis world, which was aimed to have the same impact as F1's Drive to Survive and offer casual fans an insight into what it's like to be on the tennis tour.
The first episode was highly-anticipated as it featured tennis' most controversial character Kyrgios. Netflix focused on Kyrgios and his relationship with girlfriend Hatzi, while delving into the Aussie's character on tour and his journey at last year's Australian Open.
'LOST FOR WORDS': Aussies in epic display after Nick Kyrgios drama
Many have enjoyed seeing the different and more personal side to Kyrgios, but it hasn't pleased everyone. Belgian player Goffin was recently asked about the series and if he had any interest in watching a behind the scenes look on some of his rivals. However, the World No.50 was critical of the documentary and in particular the first episode.
"I haven't watched it yet. I am not really interested in seeing Kyrgios hanging out with his girlfriend," Goffin said to Lesoir Sports. "This series is not interesting for players or people who live on the tennis tour."
Kyrgios has defended the series from tennis critics and said it was an early insight into the sport. The first few episodes focus on players such as Kyrgios, Matteo Berrettini and Paula Badosa.
He claimed the second-half of the season expands more on the controversies. "As I'm told the next bunch get into darker and more depth of each player and everything," Kyrgios said on social media.
Goffin and Kyrgios have played each other four times on the ATP Tour. Kyrgios has won three meetings, while Goffin won the last encounter.
Goffin was set to take on Frenchman Laurent Lokoli in the first round of the Australian Open on Tuesday, but was a late withdrawal from the tournament. Unfortunately for Kyrgios, the highest-ranked Australian pulled out of the tournament on Day 1 after failing to overcome a knee injury.
Nick Kyrgios withdraws from the Australian Open
Kyrgios and his physio revealed that the Aussie star had a cyst growing on his left meniscus which will require arthroscopy surgery. The devastating blow came after Kyrgios had missed the United Cup and Adelaide International earlier this month with an ankle issue.
The enigmatic 27-year-old's withdrawal is a huge blow to the Australian Open and broadcasters. Kyrgios brings in a huge crowd and was a good chance of making a deep run in this year's tournament. He faced a possible quarter-final showdown with nine-time champ Novak Djokovic.
Before the tournament, Kyrgios took part in a charity exhibition match with Djokovic. The duo, who are both carrying injuries, put on an entertaining Fast4 match on Rod Laver Arena.
Kyrgios' withdrawal has also prompted Todd Woodbridge to question his schedule in the lead-up to this year's Australian Open.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter for all the latest and breaking stories from Australia and around the world.