Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    ScottyJay
    19 Apr 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 2011 17:46
    The 2011 season draws to its conclusion this weekend at the Homebush street circuit.  The championship has come down to to a duel between teammates - Triple 8 Racings Whincup and Lowndes.

This track has copped a lot of flak from some, but I've always liked it - there is a level on intensity and commitment that you just cannot find on a race track.  With the walls so close, and speeds so high, it brings out the best in both the driver and race engineer to extract the most out of the car.

With only 180-odd points separating Jamie from Craig, Whincup is in the box seat, and he should take out the championship here.  But it only takes one bad weekend (like Lowndes had at the Gold Coast) for it to close back up again.

My tip - Jamie to go all the way with two wins this weekend.  I'd love Criag to get another championship, so long after the last one, but I cant see it happening.
    mattack
    28 Mar 2010

Posted Sat 03 Dec 2011 09:37
    Don't like the track or the idiot who designed it and then sits there giggling while cars crashed out last year.

As for the championships, it is now Whingecups to lose. Would also love to see Lowndes win itm but is highly unlikely.

Results
    Jamie to be taken out by a car re-entering the track during qualifying. Then blames his team for losing the championships.

Lowndes to win both races, wins the championships and then makes the the gesture of an 'L' on his forehead in front of Jamie while showing him the championship trophy and going NA NA NANA NA!
    ScottyJay
    19 Apr 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 08:38
    Well, the first race was a thrilling specticle! A number of cars, including Wincups, suffered damage to their steering or suspension, and Lowndes managed to capitalize on the situation by winning. So, Jamie still needs to finish 12th or better to wrap it up.
    Rusty nails
    03 May 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 09:35

A good race yesterday, I wish the Ford guys would stop shooting themselves in the foot and actually come out on top for a change. I dont know what happened to Steve Johnson he was running up the front and looking pretty good then made a pitstop and ended up at the rear of the field.

Too much steering damage from this track I think they need to look at that and fix it asap, possibly some of the kerbing is not as nice as it should be?
    I hope Lowndes can take the title from Whincup.
    ScottyJay
    19 Apr 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 10:57
    I don't think the track should be blamed for the all the front end damage, it's up to the engineers and drivers to compensate for it - its like blaming the concrete walls for being too hard.

Lowndes sure would be a popular victor, should he do it. Pressure is all on Wincup, it seems.
    ScottyJay
    19 Apr 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 10:57
    I don't think the track should be blamed for the all the front end damage, it's up to the engineers and drivers to compensate for it - its like blaming the concrete walls for being too hard.

Lowndes sure would be a popular victor, should he do it. Pressure is all on Wincup, it seems.
    ----
    05 Jul 2011

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 13:21
    So much carnage just in qualifying.  Even Tander.

Hope Lowndes does the job.
    Lal Kutta
    11 Sep 2011

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 17:36
    It is all over, and Whincup wins the title. Personally, I think most street circuits are #$%$except for Adelaide.
    T.Kelly22
    15 Jun 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 20:56
    The track is fine, stop jumping the kerbs and steering damage will stop.
    ScottyJay
    19 Apr 2009

Posted Sun 04 Dec 2011 23:21
    Great job by Jamie, he's a deserving champion. And well done to Winterbottom for winning the final race of the season.

And I hope we come back to Homebush for a long time, this track is fast and challenging. I hope the organisers keep the kerbs the way they are, drivers need to adapt.
      ForumsV8 SupercarsV8 Finale at Homebush
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed