Page 1 of 4
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 09:58
So Race 1 has been run and our great Australian hero has been unable to match both his team mate and 3 other teams.

What excuses do we have after race 1 .
- My favorite Webber cant explain his slow pace and nor can his team, oh please you are telling me that both Webber and the team are unable to give a reason why Webber was consistently 8/10 of a second slower than his team mate. Oh well I guess that all of the sensors and data loggers no longer work on Webber's car, budget cut backs you know!!

- Trouble with the tyres. How many pit stops did the top 3 cars make they didn't seem to have tyre trouble in fact Hamiliton had a aero issue and he found a way to make his tyres survive and he finished second.

Roll on race 2 and lets hear some more. 
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Mon 28 Mar 2011 15:03
And heres a new one

"An overexcited fan who managed to make their way into Mark Webber's garage at the Melbourne Grand Pix nearly ruined the Aussie star's home town race.The fan, who managed to elude staff on a VIP guided tour, managed to damage a vital aerodynamic component on Webber's Red Bull car just an hour before he was due to start qualifying.The fan was leaning on the multi-million dollar car while taking a picture when he damaged the vital component - of which there was reportedly only one replacement in reserve."

Seriously are we supposed to believe this.
I was just leaning on it and well it just broke, think I heard this story when my kids were 5 years old.
At Malaysia maybe we can expect a headline Voodoo Doctor puts curse on Webber slows Red Bull car down further. Police investigate curse and fine Mark Webber for Parking.
The things that make you go hhhhhhmmmmmm!!!!!!!
bourbon
26 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 29 Mar 2011 02:02

if you want to compare tyres you must compare lap times with cars using same tyers.vettle hamilton and petrov were on different stratergies than webber and alonso.as an expert i know you know this.if you watched the coverage you would have heard that it was only a little over 1 lap that webber and vettle reported to thier pits that tyres were becomming a problem.,but you already know this.
ScottyJay
19 Apr 2009

Posted Tue 29 Mar 2011 08:48
Daniel, how can you say you support Webber on one thread, and then come up with this?  "Excuses?"  I didn't hear any from either Webber or Horner, post race.  Just that he wasn't fast enough, dunno why yet, and will look at data.  As for that news article, where did you get it?  I can't locate it in any online publications, did it come from a local newspaper?  Because, if true, it WOULD explain a great many things.  Reduced pace and increased tyre wear can happen through faulty aero - you may not think so, but one little thing is all it takes with these cars.
Rusty nails
03 May 2009

Posted Tue 29 Mar 2011 21:18

Scotty I saw that article on yahoo's latest sport page yesterday I think it was, at the time of this post it still can be found on page 25 of yahoo's sport pages but it will slip down further as time goes by.
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 05 Apr 2011 20:57
Heard on the radio today that Red Bull were denying that they were after Lewis Hamiliton's signature on a drivers contract for next year to replace Mark Webber!!!
Well I believe Red Bull, I mean really why would they want to replace Mark Webber for next year.

How long before we hear Mark Webber again sprouting on about equal equipment or the pressure the team is putting on him.
ScottyJay
19 Apr 2009

Posted Wed 06 Apr 2011 07:39
I also suppose you heard the interview Horner gave to AutoSport saying a partnership with Hamilton and Vettel wouldn't work.  And that Hamilton still has a multi-year contract with McLaren, and seems quite happy there.

But, hey, we all understand you cannot go past another opportunity to take another swipe at Webber.  I get the impression you only watch the race hoping to see him fail.
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 06 Apr 2011 12:04
Of course I can't resist the opportunity to take another swipe at Mark Webber he just keeps leaving himself open.
As I have said multiple times it would be great to have a Australian Drivers Champion but that Champion wont be Mark Webber. It will never happen, never.

As for the interview Horner gave no I didn't read or hear about it so thanks I will have a look, I doubt 2 big personalities like Vettel and Hamiliton can work together, but considering Vettel has now said he wants to drive a Ferrari maybe Red Bull are showing Vettel they too can look at other drivers just to keep him in check.

My criticism of Mark Webber stems from his inability to do the job. He has and had by far the best package on the track both last year and from what we have seen at Melbourne this year and he and only he has not been able to capitalize on that package.

As I have said before would really like to be proved wrong, but to date all we have are excuses.
Lets see what happens this weekend. 
inf...

Posted Wed 06 Apr 2011 15:31

Just curious Daniel,do you even watch,follow or understand F1?,or are you another arm-chair expert who thinks that if an Aussie does'nt take the world by storm in their chosen sport then they are useless.I seem to recall Mark doing a reasonable job last year alongside the eventual championship winner.I also have seen a few drivers in the past not win as many races as you might expect in teams and cars that you think might give them the edge.Stop Webber bashing and examine the cars,drivers and teams as a whole before you pass judgment.
mattack
28 Mar 2010

Posted Sat 09 Apr 2011 10:34

Arm chair, otherwise he would have read the articles that came out of Melbourne race and how Rebull found a seized rear spring that caused the car the chew up tyres. But Daniel please don't let that get in your way of saying Mark is useless.

"My criticism of Mark Webber stems from his inability to do the job." Gee Daniel so Mark did not win the championships, boy that sure shows he is useless, though he won several races, include beating his more fancied team mate. If Vettel was so great last year he should have won every race in the best race out there. Yet he only won 5! from 19 races

Alonso - 5 Wins
Button - 2 Wins
Webber - 4 Wins (Yep useless)
Hamilton - 3 Wins

The Redbull car did not dominate all races. First round in Bahrain and Ferrari 1, 2. Redbull 4 and 8, even with Vettel starting pole.

Chinese round and Mclaren 1, 2. RBR 6 and 8

Spain, Webber wins off pole (Useless bugger) Vettel 3rd.

Monaco, Webber win (All the other cars must have stopped racing) Vettel 2nd

Turkey, Hamilton in a Mclaren 1, 2. Webber 3rd and Vettel DNF Accident

Canada, Hamilton in a Mclaren 1, 2. RBR 4 and 5

etc etc etc

But at the end of the day Danny, that's just your miss informed opinion. But thats how guys like you work, you always seem to miss the information supporting Webber. But funny enough alwasy seem to read the stuff you can use to support your dislike for him. lol..............yep that about sums it up. 
bourbon
26 Dec 2008

Posted Sat 09 Apr 2011 15:33

i had not heard of webber s spring failure,that would explain tyre wear problem and lack of pace.a strange sort of drama to have i dont recall having heard of this before.thanks for the update mattack
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Sun 10 Apr 2011 21:34
Thanks for the kind comments nice people!!!!
So I was a little worried with Webber being the quickest in practice 1 and 2 by quite a margin. Practice 3 still had him the best of the rest.
And then along came qualifying again a relatively good showing for Webber.
But the race, the moment that counts. What was it 9th after the first lap sensational.
Excuse was mmmm my KERS doesn't work.
What about tyres??? oh thats right like Melbourne the top runners can manage their tyres but Webber needs a extra stop.
Its a good thing Alonso ran up the back of Hamiliton or that may well have been another car further in front of the unlucky (HAHA) Webber.
Yes I shall keep sitting in my armchair!!!!  whilst you continue to support the never has been or not even best of the rest as I like to call him. 
Oh and thanks for the new excuse about a ceased rear spring, did the Red Bull team even bother to fix it.
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Sun 10 Apr 2011 21:42
Forgot to ask a technical question.
So Webber was on fresher tyres than Heildfield by 4 laps if I remember correctly, and was within the 1 second for the last couple of laps to Heildfield yet in in car footage showed Webber was not using his DRS why?????
Webber was clearly quicker.

New excuse
My DRS broke.

Well back to the arm chair.
inf...

Posted Sun 10 Apr 2011 22:22

ughhh!!
No KERS off the start is a MASSIVE penalty,in the end Mark finished 4th with NO KERS and a FAULTY DRS,good job Webber.Other drivers had intermittent faulty DRS and working KERS and finished behind Webber.If Webber had KERS i would say that he would've past Heidfeld but this being F1 who knows?
Daniel i'm happy that you watch but untill you start seeing the race for what it is and what it takes to do well then i'm afraid you had better get pretty comfy in that arm chair.
BTW good job Red Bull,well done Button and kudos to Heidfeld.
Hope ferrari get it together in Europe.
Webber will be in the top three at seasons end.
mattack
28 Mar 2010

Posted Sun 10 Apr 2011 23:15

Gee Daniel, if in car footage showed Mark not using his DRS and it was there to use, don't you think he would have used it?

You're not to bright there Danny. But you look like the sort of guy that likes to ignore some facts hey.

Always enough spent Daniel the Webber hater...lol
ScottyJay
19 Apr 2009

Posted Mon 11 Apr 2011 07:43
If Webber's KERS was working from the start, Webber would have had the podium, no doubt.  I think oh yeah! and mattack have covered the rest quite nicely - thanks, guys!
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Mon 11 Apr 2011 18:59
So now Adrian Newey is making excuses for up and coming races.

"Team technical boss Adrian Newey says KERS is an on-going issue for Red Bull and has strongly hinted that the team will be without the power-boosting mechanism in Shanghai, as they were in the first race in Melbourne.

Vettel won his second successive race of the season on Sunday, starting from pole position and valiantly keeping his rivals at bay until the flag, despite the Kers problem.

Newey admits that the team is having trouble coming to grips with the device.

"The reality is that it is a system in its infancy," Newey told Autosport. "We are not a manufacturer team so we are having to develop KERS ourselves, which has not been our area of expertise in the past.

"We are also doing it on a limited resource, limited budget and with limited experience, so we are on a rapid learning curve.

"How long it takes us to get to the top of that learning curve remains to be seen."

Newey forecast the team would have a long struggle with KERS as new problems keep cropping up."

Oh and don't forget that ceased spring!!!!!

mattack
28 Mar 2010

Posted Mon 11 Apr 2011 23:57
Wow Danny you know everything about the teams, even when they are lying. lol Boy you must get some exclusive inside stories, hey? ;)
bourbon
26 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 01:22

i thought webber did well considering his disadvantagewhich was found on the warmup lap.vettel suffered a kers failure/problem  in the latter stages of the race.how is this a webber excuse?are you suggesting that webber and redbull colluded to make an excuse before the race started?this would explain the radio chat pre race.i recall some concern over hamiltons drs during the race also,does this mean he is in on the rbr/webber excuse show?i suppose barachello s poor results ,blamed on a flat rear tyre was just an excuse too.what shameless barstuds those f1 drivers/teams are.
 while i dont like the way you have done it i do like the way you have got some action on here
Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 09:18
So Matt if I understand you correctly Adrian Newey is lying.
Sounds reasonable.

Bourbon whilst I accept your comment about not liking the way I have done it yes you are right it creates conversation.
I have said it time and time again it would be sensational to have a Australian Champion, but that champion in my opinion will never ever be Mark Webber. 
Mentally he is so far behind his Vettel at the moment, points wise the gap is equally as wide. Mark Webber had what may have been his best opportunity to win a Drivers Championship last year and was not up to the task of securing it. A fact he admits. I suggest to those read his book about the 2010 season.
Now the red Bull team have further cemented themselves around Vettel and he is bringing the silverware home to them.
I enjoy listening to the excuses why one driver can dominate the start of a season and whilst the other driver is struggling with tyres or kers or ceased springs or a fan damaging body work.

What I do enjoy doing is turning the key and watching this merry mob here fire up. So yes the aim was to generate a little controversy but the  truth of the matter is to date take any reason out of the equation, Mark Webber has not been able to match Vettel on the track when it counts.

mattack
28 Mar 2010

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 10:15
"So Matt if I understand you correctly Adrian Newey is lying.
Sounds reasonable."

No Danny, you are the one making these sort of statements based on..............what, your unsupported opinion and the liking the troll this motorsport forum.

I'm not here to be part of your childish "turning the key and watching this merry mob here fire up. So yes the aim was to generate a little controversy"
Looks like nothing has changed in the yahoo sports forums then. Reminds me of a speach by a client manager called '10% Dlckheads' People come and go, but you always maintain a 10% level of dlckheads   

Daniel
22 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 12:04
Gentleman start your engines Vroom Vroom!!!.

Yes my opinion is unsupported in your eyes.
What is supported though is whilst leading last years championship Mark Webber failed to secure the championship, what to is true is currently and whilst I accept we are only 2 races into this season Mark Webber has been unable to match his team mate let alone the other drivers in front of him.

As for the 10% dickhead speach was it not I that said Mark Webber would not secure the championship last year. Was it not I that said Mark Webber will not succeed this year. 
Was right last year 1 to me.
And to date 2 races into this season Mark Webber is proving me right.  
Guess us armchair dickheads need more of your expert assistance. 
I will say it again so we all understand I think it would be sensational to see a Australian win a drivers championship but that driver in dickhead opinion is not Mark Webber.
Vroom Vroom
bourbon
26 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 16:45

i do agree daniel it is hard to assume after last years episode that webber will ever be on equal footing to vettel at red bull.i do have to argue that after 2 rounds and 2 small car failures for webber it is hard to say he will not win.never say never in motorsport it only takes a slight mistake to ruin a season as micheal schumaker can agree to,remeber a few years back when he had and accident in practice,broke a leg and was out for the bulk of the season.too early to call this year yet,lets see how its going mid season.
ScottyJay
19 Apr 2009

Posted Tue 12 Apr 2011 19:29

Webber is one of only 5 drivers who can, IMO, win the championship this year.  Considering he has had a number of problems, and still pulled out good points, is a credit to him and the team.  He's doing better now than at this time last year.  And I believe he has the stuff to win it all.  Like bourbon said, lets wait until mid-season.
ForumsFormula 1Excuses Webber will use
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed