Former women's UFC champ shows off horribly discoloured face

Former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk has returned home to Poland but the lasting effects from her UFC 248 bloodbath against Zhang Weili are still there for all to see.

Jedrzejczyk lost one of the most ferocious five-round battles ever seen in the UFC, with many good judges calling it the greatest strawweight bout in UFC history.

'ONE OF THE LOWEST THINGS': Uproar over UFC fighter's 'disrespectful' act

‘STUPID’: Conor McGregor blasts coronavirus after family tragedy

The Polish fighter went down in a split decision against Weili, with both women landing a series of devastating blows on on another throughout the contest.

Fight fans were left stunned by images of Jedrzejczyk after the battle, with her forehead left in a grotesquely swollen state, caused by the sustained hits she absorbed from Zhang.

The Chinese fighter's face was also battered and bruised but Jedrzejczyk looked disfigured from the huge hematoma that formed across her forehead.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk still has significant bruising on her face more than a week after the UFC 248 bloodbath. Pic: Getty/Twitter

Both fighters were admitted to hospital after the epic bout but fortunately escaped serious injury.

More than a week later, the Polish slugger's swelling has gone down considerably but it's been replaced by large swathes of bruising that cover her face.

In a video posted to social media, Jedrzejczyk says she is in good spirits while she recovers, but admitted that the bruising covering her face was extensive.

"Hello guys, made it home," she said.

"I"m in Poland. It's almost 2am. Happy to be home. I took a long shower. I packed some stuff, I'm having a small home spa!

"Of course, I still have so many bruises on my face and my chest. The swelling went down but I'm feeling better, so we're good.

"I cannot wait to enjoy my family and friends but be safe guys, OK? Be safe."

UFC hands Jedrzejczyk medical suspension after bout

The UFC announced its medical suspensions last week, with both fighters set to be sidelined from action for at least 60 days.

“You see my swelling? She did great,” Jedrzejczyk said after the fight.

“There was something missing but I felt all the punches and the swelling was bothering me.

“My head was going on and off. Congrats, champ. I’m very happy we had a good fight.”

Zhang won via split decision in a bout that immediately became the front-runner for Fight of the Year and left nearly everyone in attendance standing and roaring in applause.

Judges Mike Bell and Derek Cleary had it 48-47 for Zhang, while Eric Colon saw it 48-47 for Jedrzejczyk. No matter whose hand was raised, it was deserved after one of the UFC’s best ever fights.

In comparison, the men's co-main event between Israel Adesanya and Yoel Romero was a fizzer, with boos ringing out from fans after the former retained his middleweight crown.

UFC boss Dana White was among those to criticise Romero for not forcing the issue against Adesanya, who appeared to do damage his legs in a series of sustained kicks to his Cuban opponent.

Adesanya could face a medical suspension as long as six months after doctors ordered him to undergo x-rays, with April 7 the earliest date he could return.

With agencies