Kevin Williamson is in his Universal TV bag.
The esteemed writer and producer of such juggernauts as Scream and The CW’s Vampire Diaries is developing several projects as part of his overall deal with the studio. Among them is a reimagining of the Alfred Hitchcock film Rear Window which, according to Deadline, has set up shop at Peacock and will see him pen the script.
More from TVLine
The Dawson’s Creek EP will circle back to North Carolina for the crime drama The Waterfront — which he will also write — about a dysfunctional family working to keep their fishing empire above water.
Additionally, Williamson will co-write and executive-produce the It Girl adaption with book author and EP Ruth Ware, and executive-produce an adaption of the David Fincher flick The Game alongside original writers John Brancato and Michael Ferris.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Color Purple will make its streaming debut on Max next Friday, Feb 16.
* Hulu has released a trailer for the WWII limited series We Were the Lucky Ones, starring Joey King and Logan Lerman and set to premiere the first three episodes on Thursday, March 28:
* Luke Hemsworth will recur in the Prime Video prequel series The Terminal List: Dark Wolf as Jules Landry, a “self-obsessed CIA contractor who hides a dangerously volatile personality beneath his muscled veneer.”
* NatGeo has greenlit Legends, an unscripted series that delves into the colorful world of competitive Bollywood dance, via executive producer/director Smriti Mundhra and EP Joe Lewis.
* Martin Donovan (Special Ops: Lioness, Saved!) will portray Donald Trump’s father Fred Trump Sr. in The Apprentice, which stars Sebastian Stan as Trump, Jeremy Strong as attorney Roy Cohn and Maria Bakalova as Trump’s first wife Ivana, Deadline reports.
* Paramount Plus has released a trailer for the animated spinoff Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which will stream this summer:
Best of TVLine