Port Adelaide forward Lindsay Thomas is out of action for a total of four AFL matches after pleading guilty at the tribunal.
The tribunal handed him a three-game ban for rough conduct, plus earlier on Tuesday he had accepted a one-game suspension for striking Joel Selwood.
Thomas' case was heard immediately before Selwood, the Geelong captain, also fronted the tribunal on Tuesday night to fight his one-game suspension for striking.
Thomas and Selwood were charged with striking each other.
Their incident happened immediately after Thomas had ironed out Selwood's brother Scott with a bump during the second term of the Saturday night clash at Adelaide Oval.
Tribunal advocate Nick Pane QC had argued that Thomas should receive a four-game ban for the bump on Scott Selwood.
Thomas' advocate Ben Krupka said if the goalsneak was banned for a total of five games, it would be a "crushing blow" to his chances of playing in the AFL again this season.
Thomas has a one-year contract at Port and is on their rookie list after leaving North Melbourne at the end of last season.
A medical report from Geelong said Scott Selwood was vomiting in the rooms after the Thomas bump.
He missed a couple of days' training and is in doubt for Saturday's home game against Sydney because of his concussion.
Krupka used two previous tribunal cases to argue that Thomas' bump was at the lower end of the severe range and did not warrant a four-game ban.
The advocate referred to GWS key forward Jeremy Cameron ironing out Brisbane's Rhys Mathieson in the 2016 pre-season.
That bump left Mathieson with a fractured jaw and Cameron was banned for four games.
Krupka also brought up a high bump from Fremantle defender Zac Dawson on Sydney's Jake Lloyd, also two years ago.
Dawson's poor record meant he received a three-game ban.
Krupka said Thomas did not intend to land a high bump on Scott Selwood, saying it was accidental.
"He is only here because of that head-high contact," Krupka said.
Krupka added that Thomas was remorseful for what happened.