Page 5 of 5
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 2011 20:33
Actually Nadal was injured BEFORE he played the AO quartefinal vs Murray-Pintola.  Get it right.

Also the SF match at the US Open, the rains came as Nadal was staging a comeback, therefore the rain disruptions benefited Murray. Maybe that's the only way he can get past in a grand slam  SF and final, is for the match to be rain interupted when he's losing and playing shithouse as he had in this years Wimbly SF.

Andy Murray (to this point)  = Perennial GS SF and Finalist loser
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sun 03 Jul 2011 21:42

i dont recall Rafa mentioning any injury BEFORE the 1/4z last year in Melbourne (or even at the beginning of that tourney)......infact if you read his press conference after the match back then (http://gototennis.com/2010/01/26/australian-open-press-conference-rafael-nadal-on-his-knee-injury/).......zero mention of injuries before the Mintola 1/4. Yes - it happened at the end of the 2nd set if you read his own very words.......

sure....2009 was a write off for him coz of the knee & Im certain that he carried this into the 1st part of 2010, I am not disputing that.......but u made an earlier statement about the Mintola that was just factually incorrect.....plain & simple......I would have picked you up on it even if it had been about A-Whiner.

Im also not disputing Mintola may never ever win a Slam.....I for one think it will be mighty tough.......but it ain't over for him just yet...& Im sure GRS may be hoping for a Mintola Wimbedon title win 1 day (tho' he may not fancy you anyway)

btw.....Constable Digweed has been in touch with Nurse Ratched from the Adelaide Clinic & they are getting your old room ready for you. Double dosage may have to be prescribed as it's obvious to the authorities there that previous dosages didn't have the desired long-term remedial effect
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Sun 03 Jul 2011 22:39
He didn't . Try and google for more information and statements.  It was a reoccurence of tendonitis. Nuff said...
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Sun 03 Jul 2011 22:50
So Ok excuse me -  Murray-Pintola was able to put together 3 winning sets vs Rafa Nadal at the US Open 2007 Semifinal But...aided by a rain delay. I have to question if  he can do it otherwise.
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 00:18
Dumpty.  I vowed to try and ignore you.  But really you are a pest and not correct in your quote.  Grow up old lady and for heavens sake double your doe of pills.  You are like donut  you don't like been proved wrong and try and justify yourself.  You do it so many times.

Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 00:25
PS   Scott you know Numpty can'e believe facts when quote to her.  She is the authority on tennis and what she says goes regardless of what the plays say themselves.  she has done it so many times before and will continue to believe what she wants to.  That is why it is best to ignore her rather than read her pathetic responses.

An other example look at what she said about Kvritova.   Again PK said she played the best game of her life as usual a flow of crapola out of her orifice.  Take your pick which one  lol 
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 00:32
WHERE is Rafa?????
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 00:37
he has come back from 2 sets down twice at Wimbledon.  so maybe........
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 01:03
Beware the wounded bull
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 02:34
Well done Djoko
Now he has cemented his No 1 position...
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 03:19
So I don't see any egg on my face after picking Djokovic a few days ago to win the final.
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 03:40
We dont even want to think about your face..

Whens Roddick going to retire by the way? 

Any predictions for the USOpen?  Not Roddick surely? 

Dont you love these Smileys... so Lifelike...

Bye Child
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 16:16
Congratulations to Novak Djokovic on winning Wimbledon and continuing dominance of Rafael Nadal. Nole is in the zone. He is playing at an elite level, maintaining such a level of physical and mental precision (an asset that Murray clearly lacks). IMHO Nadal has reached his peak and won't catch up to ND.  
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 16:43
Numpty you always seem to know much better than the players themselves.  Re you saying he was injured before the Murray match  Again in his interview after the match last night when asked what was his worst loss:

he said in his interview last night

Nadal is famous for his never-say-die mentality, so having to pull out of the Australian Open quarter-final against Andy Murray was as tough a time as the 25-year-old has known.

That withdrawal led to fears for his future, especially after the woes of 2009 where he missed the French Open and Wimbledon, but Nadal responded by winning three grand slams last year and his fitness troubles are now a thing of the past.

You shouldn't rely on gossip comments on the web.  The dame was done during the match GET IT not prior.

We all know you know better than the  players concerned.
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 16:58
Rather than harking back to 2010 Why don't you congratulate Novak on his win and being the new No 1 and be man enough to admit your predictionof a Rafa win was grossly inaccurate.  Face it Novak beat Rafa at all levels.
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 17:04
You are the one that was going on about Murray/Nadal at the OZ Open not me.  You were as usual proved to be wrong.  same applies to Kvitova
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 17:14
what a load of BS.  It was Scott who made it into an issue. I ate my words though  when he corrected me re: Murray US open sf win vs Nadal (though that was rain delayed and played over two days) but i still acknowledge Scott's correcting me.

Haha You  don't have the guts to admit you underestimated Novak and his extraordinary domination of Nadal do you?
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 20:03
Not just Nadal but over all his competitors so it is not just Nadal.

As for Novak  
Why should I make comments when I can't stand him, never have or never will.  Each have their own favorites and follow them Jerkovic is not mine.  So no more comment from me and no more for you Ms know it all.

Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 20:24

alas.....great work Djoko.....you ARE 'The Man' rite now & have been for the whole of this year (Paris excepting)........

I have to say today thinking about it today.....I thought maybe Djoko's feats will inspire my man Mintola......& loan behold, looks like he has had some thoughts----> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/14007829.stm .......I know the 2 guys are different, but up till Ozi Open final, there was zero to choose between them really ........probably Djoko's run really started from US OPen final last year & has propelled him into a different stratosphere now......

anyway, regardless of my Mintola bias, Djoko bullied Rafa in the final, like very few times Iv seen before in any Slam event. Fed-X has never bullied Rafa at any stage like Djoko has done this year, while the other bullyings I've seen inflicted on Rafa @ Slams (by Mintola in Oz & US, JDP in USA, Jo-Willi in Oz) have been so far & few between, they seem insignificant compared to now

Rafa will be back Im sure...the guy is a champ...a real lion & he always does come back....but for now, the new king-on-the-block is most certainly Djoko 

btw...good to see my recollection of the facts re: Mintola & his (exceedingly rare) victories over Rafa in Slams have been backed up :+) & that the Donut is alive & well - tho' choosing to conveniently forget his statements re: the not-so-cunning Andreev
(which beggars belief - it must have been a windup) & A-Whiner (tho I cant fault anyone for having a fave player)
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 21:37
And why can't you "stand him"?  He has  more so a dominiation over Nadal than any other player on the tour.

BTW latest word is that Nadal was carrying an hairline fracture on one of  his feet. It smacks of Nadal propoganda, an excuse for his de-feet!     OHHHHH My Foot !!!! 
Nicolina
11 Jun 2009

Posted Mon 04 Jul 2011 21:41
Well said Scott. The big question now is whether Nole will be able to maintain this elite level of physical and mental edge for the rest of 2011.  A Nadal win at the USO will certainly re-open the No. 1 debate.
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Tue 05 Jul 2011 12:09
Good old Geoff finally admits he is a biased old git.
ForumsWIMBLEDON
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed