Page 3 of 3
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2012 07:52
This is weird.  I cut and pasted the link but it doesn't appear. !!!!!!
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2012 10:29
It will be interesting to start following Halle as Federer, Djokovich, Nadal all play tonight
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2012 10:50
Same with Queens....Murray, Roddick, Simon all up tonight
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2012 19:51

mega heavyweight field in Halle.......I wouldn't be suprised if Rafa went out early on - the exertions in Paris + I have a feeling that the courts in Halle are faster than they are @ Wimbers + it's best-of-3, so he may got caught cold. I'd still expect him to reach @ least the semis @ Wimbers tho'.......

Queens ?......if Murray-Mint fully fit or close to, he should win.....he's a great grasscourt player & the field is not quite as strong there in comparison to Halle. He's the obvious top player there.

on Paris mens......Rafa is THE KING.....undisputed....beyond doubt........he seems to have the Djoko monkey off his back now & if he stays fit, thru the US OPen, he could win the lot (Wimbers, Olympics, US)......forget what happens after the US Open.......the season effectively ends there & in years gone by, he always switches off after US Open till Oz Open........

Big gap opening up between the Big-2 & Fed-X & then the rest headed by Murray-Mint - who has quite a lot of ranking points to defend coming (incl. those from Paris)..........

Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 13 Jun 2012 20:14
Yes Halle sure has the heavy weight there and it has just started and Queens yet to strat.  Wish they were all on TV but guess Foxtel will show the last couple of days.
I think you might be right about RAfa.  I think Paris really took it's toll on him but we shall see.

As for ranking points Federer Fed is still around 300 ahead of MM but the others are closing fast. Hope your MM does well but you never know with Queens.  At least going out early in Paris he has had more time to get used to the grass again.

As I said earlier wasn't surprised that Hewitt fell by the wayside in the first round.  Why on earth Wimby gave him a wild card with his now ranking of 205!!!!

R u back in Sydney now?
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Thu 14 Jun 2012 10:58
Well the upsets continue.

Queens:
Must admit I was surprised at Karlovic falling to Lu. He will loose massive ranking points.  As for Roddick another first round defeat to add to his collection.Simon. gone!!!

Murray Mint.  well that sure took us by surprise.  what really is going on with this Lendl hook up.  It seems that he has gone backwards instead of forwards since they have been together.

Halle:
Youzhny tops Dolpogolov.  The other high flyers play tonight.

Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Fri 15 Jun 2012 17:06
Geoff and Scott

Thanks for your comments.
As you have probably noticed that I do not post very often... I dont know a lot about tennis but I do enjoy watching it and reading other peoples comments.  No law against that aye?

When I do have something to say my posts dont appear... lol

Enjoy the tennis boys...

Ping
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2012 11:19
Stick with it Ping.  You will succeed I am sure
Queens:
Must admit I am pleased watch Liu and his results.  He is worth watching to see how he goes this year.  Nalby always seems to get out of tight matches.  Young Dimitrov is making his mark.  Good to see new players doing well in these tournaments.
So semis are now Dimitrov/Nalby and Cilc /Querry.

Halle:

Seems that Youzhny is having a second wind with his career just as Haas is.
No surprise that the Raonic/Federer match was close and not surprise to see Rafa Fall.  He has played practically ever match that he could in tournaments and now is headed home for a break as his double partner has withdrawn.  I guess he felt that he should at least do a grass court match in preparations for Wimby.

so semis Federer/Youzhny  Kohlschreiber/Haas
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2012 19:57

yes Geoff.....no mega suprise re: Rafa exit......I recall he lost @ Queens a couple of years ago, yet still won Wimbers weeks later......so I wouldn't read anything into this exit. I still expect him to get to @ least the semis @ Wimbers (if not win).

Old dog fed-X grinding on..........only best-of-3 these & I still maintain that he'll not beat Rafa or Djoko in best-of-5 slams & struggle against the likes of Berdych, Tsonga @ Wimbers......I'm excluding Murray-Mint from my comments vs. Fed-X.

I'm still baffled by Murray-Mint tho'.......all this 'I'm feeling great.....' before the tourney...then....'I need more practice.....' after exiting......who is he trying to kid ?..........Last year after Ozi final, he was in freefall for about 2 months, then snapped out of it & had a great claycourt & remainder of season......this year, since Ozi semi defeat, he has not been in freefall, but has distinctly average.........showing little sign of advancing far in any tourney. Maybe the 'lendl effect' has still to take hold, but right now, he is going backwards @ a rapid rate,.......losing more sight of Rafa/Djoko & not even challenging Fed-X for #3 spot.......

btw....Haas is playing great right now
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 16 Jun 2012 21:56
Dam missed the Federer / Youzhny match but Fed dispatched him 61 64.  I know it is only 3 sets there but he seems to have taken back to the green stuff.

As for MM.  I really think that Lendl has had NO effect nor will he.  I think it is a case of mummy dearest still lurking in the background.  Pity it is a waste of talent and unless a miracle happens I agree his days of getting a slam are getting more distant.

I was looking up Foxtel and it appears they are avoiding Halle and will show the finals of Queens.  weird choice seeing who was playing in Halle
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Mon 18 Jun 2012 19:56

WTH was Nalbie thinking when he had his melt down @ Queens ?.......even tho' it was an accident & he didn't intend for anyone to get injured, there is no defense for his actions.....NONE WHATSOEVER. Quite right he was defaulted & it should serve (sorry for the pun) as a warning to some of the other spoilt brats on the mens/womens tours that actions of this kind will not get tolerated. Well done to the officials @ Queens for taking the action they did.

Haas shocks Fed-X........suprise suprise........tho' the result was a suprise, if you look at the history of games between these 2, tho Fed-X almost all always wins, they have been very close on several occasions. Superb form from Haas whose whole career has been decimated by injuries.......if fully fit, he is a good match for anyone , espec. on grass & hardcourt.

Fed-X looks in good touch, but, whereas I'm writing off Rafa's defeat due to tiredness & lack of gc practice, I think this result is not a good sign for Fed-X fro Wimbers. Don't be suprised if he exits before the semis
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2012 12:54
The buck stops with Nalbie...
Djoko disgraced himself by breaking his bench
Nadal threw the ball a little too close for comfort to the Umpire
Now Nalbie has gone that step too far and I hope his behaviour/punishment will dissuade any further angry outbursts on the Court in future.... from ANY player.

I know the players lead a difficult life.. travelling, hotel rooms, practice many hours a day etc...
BUT
They are still very very privileged and earn oodles to be able to live a good life and make the lives of their family an easy one...

They are role models and should behave with respect on the open arena...

Ping

Well done Haas (Federer looked as if his mind was somewhere else).. lol
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2012 13:01
Geoff

I see what you mean about 'domineering'...

The fact that there was a response on these threads proves your point....

Strange why someone who finds you childish reads your posts...

Ping

Enjoy the tennis and take care of yourself... Youhzny broke Feds as he was serving for the match.. Bless Him..  I am sure he could have gone further in his career had he changed his coach but he is very loyal... He has made 9million so he will lead a very nice life when he retires...

Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 19 Jun 2012 20:41
Yes that Nalby incident was quite something..Strange thought that Djoko didn't get any penalty for busying up the furniture.

Scott.  Dont think you r right about FedEx.  It was more a case of been tired just like Rafa.  We shall see why Wimby turns up. Must admit it it going to be interesting.
MM needs to keep a chain on Mummy D .  I just wonder how he will do.  His run up hasn't been all that good but nor has alot of the others.
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Sat 30 Jun 2012 14:18
what happened Nadal..
What a shock...

Am looking forward to Kohlshreiber match...
Can he do it again?

Murray is looking good...

Does anybody know whether Karlovic was foot faulted in his doubles?
I cant find that information anywhere.....
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sun 01 Jul 2012 19:27
well....1st week ova @ Wimbers & loads to comment on.

Mens ?.....Rafa's exit was incredible - I don't think anybody saw that coming....suprise,suprise his conqueror lost in next round !. People saying huge opening for my man Murray-Mint, but I'm not so sure coz he has a really tough draw even to get to semis & he can easily lose his next match vs. Cillic if he's not focused fully. With Rafa exit, Djoko looking ominous.....vs Stepanek the other nite he just got better & better as match went on....I don't think Fed-X can stop him coz I really don't think Fed-X playing that great & he was mighty lucky to win last match.
I'll make a fleeting comment re: A-Whiner.....just to see if it flushes out Fig Jam (aka The Donut)........HE SHOULD RETIRE.

Womens......fairly uneventful really - tho spoilt brat Serena was lucky to win eventually.....Sam Choker was chronic in her loss.....when she is hot, she is unplayable (like US Open last year) but more often than not, she is out of sorts & loses too many matches that she should really be winning......I think mentally she is fragile....this aversion to grass.......all in her head......with her power game, she should be blowing people away not limply bending over 
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Mon 02 Jul 2012 16:11
Why isnt the roof closed BEFORE it begins to rain
they must be in touch with several weather sources... which would enable them to begin closing the roof prior to it making it necessary for the players to leave the court...
or am I a der?

Any ideas Geoff or Scott?

Murray is surprising himself I think with his concentration during the last couple of matches.. next match up is going to be a real test...

I miss murraymints .. cant get them here can you?
One used to last me from leaving home, waiting for a bus and then on the train to go to work.. mmmmm

Scott, I enjoy yours and Geoff comments.. please dont lower the standards by inviting the child to join in...
(watch this space!!!)

Enjoy the tennis later today..

Ping
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Wed 04 Jul 2012 16:44
Murraymint!!!!

He is doing well but can he stave off Ferrer who is looking unbeatable at the moment...

Disappointments in the females section!!!

Now I know what 'the child' feels like.. talking to himself on the threads..

Where are you boys?
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Wed 04 Jul 2012 19:45

MurrayMint dispatched cilic easier than I thought he would (he's had problems with him b4)......I think MurrayMint played great but also Cilic was running on fumes after previous match & a guy like MurrayMint would be the last person you' want to play.

Match vs. Ferrer will be tuff.......but I expect MurrayMint to come thru' but only after a hard fight & only if he is fully on-form. Ferrer was great vs. JMDP, but I can't help thinking that JMDP played very averagely & he gave away a lot of free points on his forehand which was terrible.

If MurrayMint comes thru the expected tuff matchwith Ferrer, I think he'd beat either of the other 2 in the semi (JWT or Kolschrieber).....but let's get past Ferrer 1st !!!!

I'm amazed that the Djoko/Fed-X half of the draw is so weak.....obviously other seeds have fallen in earlier rounds, but it's been pretty much comfy for the 2 of them (tho' Fed-X was lucky vs. the frenchman in 5). Fed-X not on top form & I can't see him beating Djoko in their expected semi.......I think Djoko would win in straight sets.

women ?......disappointed that spoilt brat Serena thru'..........she's a champion player & great fighter, but if you took her at face value with her all cutesy voice when being interviewed, you'd think she was an angel.....BUT.....some of the stuff she's got away over the last few years with officials has been worse than any other player in the last 10 years........bar the recent Nalbie dummy spat.......she's a complet brat who's shown no remorse or regret @ some of the histrionics towards officials. I want Aza to thump her.....but I fear that spoilt brat Serena will win
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Fri 06 Jul 2012 14:30
I had quite a bit to say yesterday but three times by postings were not printed...

I shall try posting this before I have my say (save wasting my time typing and nothing appears on the threads!!!)
Ping
18 Jan 2009

Posted Fri 06 Jul 2012 14:36
oh yayee...

Well my comments regards the female matches are irrelevant now as Williams has won...  I realise now how much I enjoyed Williams not being around.....Rather like when Woods isnt in a golf tournament.. the match is opened up and its anyones to win

Doubt Radwanska can win but hope she gives Williams a good run around.... Having said that two sets will be long enough to suffer...

Am not confident Murray can beat Tsonga (who can be a loose cannon sometimes)

Djoko is going to be tough to beat BUT what a dream final it would be with Murray and Feds... mmmm

Enjoy boys...
Hope this is printed...
Forumswhere were you?
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed