Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 2011 11:19
FJ  how quickly you seem to find selective memory recall
A-Whiner was a FIRST round loser in Rome, Madrid and Miami,( don't count a bye)

Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Wed 20 Jul 2011 19:28
geoff....@ least we know The Donut is still alive...even tho he does seem to have amnesia.......maybe he forgets that after a rare win by old rope-a-dope Andreev's push to the top-10, he predicted that it would signal a push to the top-10.....& since then old rope-a-dopeY has gone south........The Donut hasn't commented on that classic

I have to laff whenever I read about Hewi's 'great' wins these days.......few & far between.......I'm sure that by the time the Ozi Open comes round in Jan '12, we'll be reading reports that Hewi is 'in the best shape he's been in for years' & that he 'knows he can trouble the big guys'  ........time to retire Hewi & spend quality time with your wife & kids rather than flog yourself on a tennis court trying to recapture former (long gone) glories
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 22 Jul 2011 14:48
Hamburg:

Monfils continues to get out of bed the right side with two good.
wins 62  62  & 64 64
The QF"S
Monfils/Simon..Youzhny/Cilic..Mayer/Almagro...Verdasco/Melzer

Atlanta:
The way things are shaping up I think we will have a repeat of a Fish/Isner final.  That doesn't include Hewitt as he lost to a player surprise surprise ranked #272.  He is going to have to go on bended knee to get some wild card entries as he is falling further down and soon will be outside the 200
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Fri 22 Jul 2011 14:50
sorry   The Atlanta comment should have been on the other thread so re posted it there
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Tue 26 Jul 2011 03:06
U r an idiot.
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 26 Jul 2011 22:34
Glad to see FJ has woken up from his sleep.

Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 27 Jul 2011 10:35
The end of the clay court season is fast approaching with the Swiss Open and the Croatian Open in full swing.  Will wait till the next round today when the seeds come into action 
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Wed 27 Jul 2011 18:27
Serena is back once more in Stanford with a 60  60 win in the first round.  She is determined to get back in from for the US open where she will have injury protected ranking
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Sat 30 Jul 2011 09:20
Should be a good match later today with Serena and Sharapova.  Will look for it online.

Croatia is down to the final four Fognini/Cilic  andFerrero/Dolgopolov

Gstaad
Almagro/Verdasco   Youzhny/Granollers

Good to see the "past it" or whatever news donut uses for Verdasco doing well

Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 03 Oct 2011 09:38
Not too much going on except Murray Mint has nice Thai taste
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 03 Oct 2011 09:42
Still in hospital.  lymphomas take their time
Geoff
08 Oct 2008

Posted Tue 04 Oct 2011 09:37
Long way for first round lose.  As usual silence
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Tue 04 Oct 2011 20:47

good to hear from you Geoff......hope you are getting better !

on the tennis front....no suprises on the A-Whiner front.......the guy is class-less.......& it's evident he is on the slide - BIG TIME.....& he knows it.

his on/off-court antics @ this recent tourney after his 1st-round loss were inexcusable......the guy always has been & always will be a jurk.

on the recent Murray-Mint win in Thailand........tho he was expected to win - in what was a poor-ish field, the fact that he DID win was encouraging........let's see how he goes in the next few big ones.
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Thu 06 Oct 2011 09:44
This is supposed to be a tennis forum not a personal medical update.Get off you moron.
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Thu 06 Oct 2011 20:56

...Raonic clobbered by Rafa............the giddy days of earlier this year in a few (less worthy) tourneys seem a distant memory for the next Great White Hope - the boy wonder Raonic.........things getting a bit tougher when you have to do it week-in/week-out now

GWH Tomic wins again......good to see a little form from him....but he needs to make it last & more consistent - not one good tourney in 5.......will be interesting to see how he goes against Le Poisson

I'm still laughing @ the recent A-Whiner shenanigans from earlier this week.......comical.........what a jurk
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sun 09 Oct 2011 20:51
Murray Mint beats Rafa majestically in the final.......BUT...this result saddens me a little.....coz I know this isn't the MAIN EVENT & it's been shown repeatedly that Rafa has the measure of Murray-Mint in the Slams.

Yes - it was an impressive win for sure & who knows what it may spell for next season....BUT.........this is the parade after the Lord Mayor's show.........& I would take Rafa to beat Murray Mint in the business end of any of the Slams............

I watched some of the match & by the end, Murray Mint was superb.....rarely have I seen Rafa look so poor........he was completely overwhelmed by Murray-Mint........who has looked supepr aggressive in the last 2 weeks........the way he dispatched (the supposedly overrated) Ferrer was superb

....but alas....next season will be BAU for Rafa when he faces MurrayMint.......especially in the Slams :(
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Sat 22 Oct 2011 06:02
Raonic looks to be getting back to his best after the hip op.Can't see Blake beating Nalbandian in the quarters.
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sat 05 Nov 2011 13:25

even tho Fed-X in relative decline......he easily disposed of A-Whiner in Basel.

A-Whiner.........whose descent from the top level of the men's game is almost as fas a space shuttle returning to earth.......must now be thinking of the pipe & slippers for his imminent retirement....which would be no loss to the game
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Sat 05 Nov 2011 13:27

even tho Fed-X in relative decline......he easily disposed of A-Whiner in Basel.

A-Whiner.........whose descent from the top level of the men's game is almost as fas a space shuttle returning to earth.......must now be thinking of the pipe & slippers for his imminent retirement....which would be no loss to the game
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Thu 10 Nov 2011 22:14

Murray Mint spanks A-Whiner with ease in Paris..........the customary code violation for A-Whiner as soon as he knew he was getting spanked.

Thoughts of retirement & living off his wife's income must be entering A-Whiner's thoughts a lot these days

Murray Mint continuing where he left off a few weeks ago when he won 3-in-a-row..........keep it up Murray-Mintola !!!!
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Fri 11 Nov 2011 04:32
Repeating yourself a bit there snotthead.A-Rod is having a confidence problem at present.I watched him the other day and he was playing pretty good.As for Murray winning in small events at least Roddick didn't choke in every slam final he was in.Now go back and practice how to use a computer keyboard you moron. 
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Fri 11 Nov 2011 20:57

ah....FigJam(Donut)......I've told you before about such terms of endearment..........you'll be making me think you've got a thing for me !....

...at least I flushed you out :+)

I have to laugh...re: A-Whiner's confidence problem........unless I've been in a time wharp.....that 'confidence problem' he's got, then he's had it for a long time now.

No - it's not a 'confidence problem'...........the fact is like nearly other tennis player of that age & longevity  (unless you are a genius), A-Whiner is in decline.

It's natural there's a decline.........even a genius like Fed-X is in relative decline (nobody can argue that)....however, A-Whiner's decline is more steep coz he has not got & has never had the all-round game to compete when his #1 weapon (ie. His serve) dips............he's just not got the all-round game.

Having watched him last week vs. Fed-X in Basel & now vs. Murray-Mint in Paris, it's almost quite sad to watch a once-great player, so obviously a step or 2 off the pace now.......he just can;t hack it any more

I'll give you this.....A-Whiner 'was' a great player - that's a fact & he's been unlucky to run into Fed-X in his prime & most likely, if Fed-X hadn't been around, then A-Whiner may have won more than the ONE slam he has won............but that's life.......who knows...it may have been some other guy who would have beaten A-Whiner if he hadn't run into Fed-X on so many occasions ???

As for the Slam choking.....well, I can't argue that Murray-Mint has most certainly choked in the 3 Slam finals he has been in thus far, while A-Whiner has won ONE & has been competitive in some of the others (most notably Wimbledon).......but let's come back to that subject in a few years time, when Murray Mint's career has ended (long after A-Whiner's) & you just never know, Murray-Mint may indeed win a singles Slam :+)
Scott
06 Feb 2010

Posted Wed 23 Nov 2011 20:51

wow !.......Rafa well & truely spanked by (a born again ???) Fed-X.........only time I've seen Rafa look so down & out was vs. Tsonga in Ozi Open a few years ago...........he really looked way off the pace & unusually disinterested.

maybe rumours of Fed-X' demise are premature..........he looks to be in imperious form & it's great to see.....but I'm not totally convinced.

He IS in (relative) decline - the stats in the Slams & major tourneys back that up.......forget these end of season tourneys - no matter the hype about them - they come at the end of a long season, after all the big ones have been decided.

In 2 years time who will remember who won the ATP Tour finals in 2011 ?..........not many I would think.

Saying all that, Fed-X looks to be the big fave for this tourney.......unless Djoko can squeeze more from the (empty) tank, I can't see him beating Fed-X right now & with Murray Mint's (disappointing) withdrawal & Rafa down-in-the-dumps, it's Fed-X's tourney to lose.......the rest are no match for Fed-X right now.

For Rafa.....a lot of questions beginning to surface.....it's clear that in 2011 he has been at least 2 notches down from last year & way behind Djoko.......I can't help thinking he is suffering from burnout - probably from last year's awesome efforts.

OK - nobody could have really predicted Djoko's gigantic leap this year & maybe it's really mentally affected Rafa that he has been a whipping boy for Djoko this year, but it's clear, that Rafa has been (for him) strangely subdued most of the year.......IS HE A SPENT FORCE ?......I hope not....but time will tell
FIGJAM
03 Nov 2010

Posted Fri 30 Dec 2011 05:20
HAPPY NEW YEAR all you losers.
ForumsWhat is Happening in tennis?
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed