Page 1 of 3
Sort By:
Newest First
Oldest First
Tony
24 Jan 2012

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 08:53
Having Courier and Macaveney continually talking throught the active game and even between points talking verbal diarrhoerasimply urges me to go elsewhere. Any Bruce is not a know tennis title winner. Why no the 2 woodies, Roger or some of the Aussie players like rafter etc. Send Courier back to the US and let us once enjoy a terrific 7 telecast without these morons
a
19 Jun 2009

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 10:17
TRANSLATION PLEASE: Any Bruce is not a know tennis title winner. Why no the 2
Helen
25 Jan 2012

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 21:17

I have had enough. Someone get Bruce off and now I am sick of Courier too. They talk as if the players are technical brainiacs. The court is fast, the ball is too hot, the strings are too soft, the wind is blowing blah blah blah. All I see is 2 players hitting the ball and then 1 wins and 1 loses.  For God's sake if they weren't tennis players they could perform heart transplants. That's the impression I get.
guilfordsandy

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 17:09
When I switch on the tennis ( or any sport actually) and hear Bruce MacAvaney commentating it is a sigh of disappointment from me - he commentary is full of cliches and useless statistics. I would prefer silence. 
Sandy
Dave S

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 18:27

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants the self-opinionated token US commentator left in the US. I enjoy my sport, including tennis, but know-it-alls like Courier give me the gripes. I am also fed up with wondering if 'this could be a pivotal moment'. Please, give us all a break and find a more appropriate key phrase.
   Lets have more of Lleyton and Todd and other recent players who know what they're talking about and less of those who were or who would like to have been. Tennis, as with other sports, has changed over the last twenty years but it is still a pleasure to watch. Lets keep it that way and not spoil the pleasure.
   David
nicstugair@gmail.com

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 19:22
Renee Stubbs has got to go as well! What was her comment in the first game of the 3rd set today - 'this has been the best game of this set so far!'

I've actually had to turn the tennis off a couple of times during this Australian Open as the commentary has been so bad!
WooKy
07 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 20:34
every now and then in almost every match i have seen you can hear someone in the background mentioning some stat or facts about whoevers playing...and then 5 seconds later one of the commentators says exactly what I just heard. So basically there's someone there feeding them info and it's not them who are the know it alls...Parrots
JD

Posted Fri 27 Jan 2012 21:12

Cannot stand that pathetic news commentator & wtf is with the yank!? Ohh yes.. it's 7. Wish some other channel would do SPORTS ONLY!
Shamino

Posted Sat 28 Jan 2012 00:03
Jim is saying everything that everyone know already
Bruce is saying what ever the script in front of him 
Lleyton is "come on", if you are that good and analytical while you were playing, then you are there playing not commentating. 
julie.french88

Posted Sun 29 Jan 2012 01:25
I Think Bruce is fine, although its tough to get a word in when Jim's in the booth, to many people wanting air time. Sam Smith says very irrelevant stuff, i don't understand half of what she's talking about . I like Todd and Renee  
mwat
09 Oct 2008

Posted Sun 29 Jan 2012 18:43
Loving having Hewitt in the commentators box!! Thumbs up for not being annoying and being easy to understand and listen to.
daniel.keown@gmail.com

Posted Sun 29 Jan 2012 23:19
Also loving Leighton, his comments are relevant and easy to understand. Great to have his perspective given that he played Djokovic only a week ago, gives his insight more weight...
merylpearse

Posted Mon 30 Jan 2012 00:04
Absolutely loving having Leighton Hewitt on commentary. He's intelligent, knowledgable and confident. A breath of fresh air to tennis commentary. I hope his tennis playing career lasts a lot longer because he's such an entertaining player and a great rep of Aussie tennis but im now sure that he has a great future in entertaining us off court too. Thank you Leighton
Bronno
27 Jan 2012

Posted Mon 30 Jan 2012 00:33
Why does McAvaney persist with rattling off boring, irrelevant stats, one after the other? They have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of this final.
WooKy
07 Dec 2008

Posted Mon 30 Jan 2012 00:44
I like it when Bruce tells us the score...I would never know otherwise 
ozfan1
29 Jan 2012

Posted Mon 30 Jan 2012 01:04
he struggles to stay relevant and involved!
Christine
14 Jan 2013

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 19:54
PLEASE get rid of Bruce Mac from the commenting team. He has nothing of value to add. He has no tennis credibility. While some may complain about Jim C at least he has played the game and very successfully in his day. I am tired of listening to presenters who have not treaded the courts. Get rid of them and employ someone who knows what they are talking about!
Alex
31 Mar 2014

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:02
Can someone from channel seven read this - for Bruce the correct pronunciation of Tomic is not pronounced TOMIK - it's like saying the word itch - I can't understand why it is hard for him to say - he says Tipsarevic with an itch - why not extend your intellect to understand the similarity with Tomic - another Australian Open with the sound down.....
John
10 Apr 2014

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:39
Too much talk from commentators all the time and Renne Stubbs is worse than Jim and Bruce. How Jim can state a foot fault without being fully in line..... Mostsportscommentaors are just plain amateurs.
Paul
09 Oct 2008

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:40

I have been complaining about the American aaahole for years but C7 don't care. Why don't they use Australian commentators? We have plenty of high quality people who aren't 'up themselves'. This is an Australian national event. There is no way the americans would tolerate Austrlians taking over the role for their coverage.
longinthetooth
Lolly
14 Jan 2013

Posted Mon 14 Jan 2013 20:48
Maybe they could stick to commenting about tennis. They talk about squash shots when they clearly know nothing about squash. A squash shot is with a locked wrist with no spin.
Jessica
18 Dec 2008

Posted Tue 15 Jan 2013 19:50
In general, great commentary, BUT WHY oh why must Bruce Mac also be commentating? What is so wrong with leaving the commentary to Tennis experts? They can handle it by themselves.

Lesley
2 hours,2 minutes ago

Posted Tue 15 Jan 2013 20:26

I agree with most comments.  Get rid of McAvaney.  I am so sick of his "isn't it", "wasn't it", "hasn't it", "didn't it".  How much tennis did he play?  He has no idea what he is talking about and it is very obvious.  Jim Courier has a bit of verbal diarrohea and I feel sure that there are Australian commentators who could do a much better job. John Fitzgerald is a pleasure to listen to.  He is also a big pain when he commentates the AFL.
Ned
09 Aug 2012

Posted Tue 15 Jan 2013 20:43

IS BRUCE IN LOVE WITH JIM OR IS HE JUST INFATUATED WITH HIM PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME
Mavis
25 Feb 2011

Posted Tue 15 Jan 2013 21:18

Jim Courier and Bruce MacAvaney absolutely ruin the tennis for TV viewers.  We turn the sound down,  but it takes the life out of the telecast .  Those two are so rude,  they talk through play at times and go on with a lot of drivel between EVERY point,  the incessant drone, particularly of Courier is absolutely awful, an assault on the ears.  Commentators need only comment between games,  and then only briefly.
ForumsTennis Commentators Channel 7
Sign in to post and view your settings
New User? Sign up

Latest

Top Rated

Most Discussed