ForumsNonstop commentary
Page 1 of 1
    Sort By:
    Newest First
    Oldest First
    evoo4u

Sign in to report this post.

Posted Wed 18 Jan 2012 13:23
    Informed commentary by players/ex-players/coaches is welcome, and really adds to the coverage. BUT - verbal diarrhoea is another thing altogether!
    Guys (Jim, Bruce, Fitzy, Roger) - pause for a breath from time to time please, and especially, while a point's in progress.

And 7, missing the first point or two to maintain the ad schedule is pretty poor form. Get your act together please.
    pixpen@gmail.com

Posted Wed 18 Jan 2012 20:37
    Seems like the commentators have forgotton that Television is a VISUAL medium.  The commentary should only be a back up to that.  SHUT UP JIM COURIER.  
    a
    19 Jun 2009

Posted Fri 20 Jan 2012 17:05
    Agree about the ad breaks, but Commentators get paid to commentate, or lose their job.

Unless someone has tried to do it themself, they have no idea how difficult it is to keep coming up with something different to say, hour after hour, day after day on the same topic.

Just turn the sound off and try to do it yourself for one set... but make sure you have someone with you to judge your performance from an unbiased point of view.
    WooKy
    07 Dec 2008

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2012 19:13
    'a 'seems like he/she works for 7

anyway..was watching an interesting match earlier between monfils and kukushkin when I was interrupted by Johanna Griggs  saying 'we will keep you updated with this match but now we are starting the build up to tonights matches'. What came next was over half an hour of griggs and courier waffling on and slow motion shots of hewitt etc etc even an interbiew with kermit the frog half way thru for some reason. Do we need a build up for upcoming matches? Aren't the commentators gonna bore us to death throughout the whole match about all this anyway?
    Natalia
    17 Dec 2008

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2012 19:35
    ^^ You know Wooky, I was thinking the same thing last night about 'a'!  It sounds like he/she works for channel 7.
    WooKy
    07 Dec 2008

Posted Sat 21 Jan 2012 20:09
    after all the build up then the start of the serena match...7 has decided to go back to the original monfils match. no rhyme or reason to this.
    a
    19 Jun 2009

Posted Sun 22 Jan 2012 11:26
    Me working for Channel 7? hahaha I wish.
    I'd love to work in media, but they insist on having some sort of qualification or talent.

Johanna has to do what she is told by the Director, so not her fault.

For all other problems, please refer to my 'amazing' post titled #$%$n'Moan Department!
    Helen
    25 Jan 2012

Posted Tue 24 Jan 2012 21:49

Why channel 7 do you insist on having Bruce McAvaney commentate and Lleytons old coach Roger? They are ruining the whole tennis experience. They never shut up. Bruce insists on trying to crack jokes that are not funny, trys to hard to make sense of stats and Roger IS BORING. However love Jim, Todd and Henri. Please make them go home early.

Bronno
    27 Jan 2012

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:37
    Channel 7, please give Bruce McAvaney a rest for the men's final. The inane comments, stats and chatter are irritating and unnecessary. We are tuned in to watch the tennis, not listen to the Bruce McAvaney Show. How about Todd and Jim commentate on the final? They know what they are talking about, and more importantly, know when to shut up.
    WooKy
    07 Dec 2008

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:57
    Jim knows when to shut up? Right now you have Bruce, Jim and Leyton blabbing...they all love the sound of their own voices.Todd and Newcombe for final would be ok but I bet Bruce has it in his contract to do the final.
    Bronno
    27 Jan 2012

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 23:29
    It's good to have an international player commentating, they have a different take on the tournament to the Australians. Jim, I think, mostly talks to shut out McAvaney. He wasn't as bad with John Alexander. Bottom line is, they should all shut up occasionally and let the tennis speak for itself.
    a
    19 Jun 2009

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2012 23:32
    Tennis doesn't 'speak'... it's visual, but when it makes noise, people complain about that too haha

Just no pleasing some people
    WooKy
    07 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 16:39
    at the end of the day, the point of commentary is what? Unless your blind what is the point of it. Telling us the score...which we can see on screen....pontificating on what might happen next blah blah....Telling us how good My Kitchen Rules is gonna be etc etc. Everyone in the crowd is watching it without commentary. The day we can press a button to watch it without the blah blah will be a great day.
    Beizam
    26 Dec 2008

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 16:59
    I was enjoying the tennis until I heard someone being interviewed on Channel 7 say that "speaking English" is what it means to be Australian!  I'm in still in shock for 7 airing this redneck's opinion.  Shame Channel 7.
    rankin.phillip

Posted Thu 26 Jan 2012 21:44

Ok Ok Ill make a compromise
    boys just talk when there is no play
    stop talking when there is action
    and just comment stop trying to predict the future
    they kill prophets you know
      ForumsNonstop commentary
      Sign in to post and view your settings
      New User? Sign up

Latest