Nick Kyrgios will launch his Australian Open campaign against Brazil's world No.100 Rogerio Dutra Silva.
As Australia's top-ranked player and the men's 17th seed, Kyrgios's first big test is likely to come against French 15th seed and former finalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the third round.
Kyrgios, a quarter-finalist in 2014, could strike Bulgarian world No.3 Grigor Dimitrov, who won the 2017 season-ending championship, in the fourth round.
Australian No.2 Matt Ebden has a tough opener against big-serving American 16th seed John Isner, while in-form teenage wildcard Alex de Minaur is up against 15th-seeded Czech Tomas Berdych.
"Tomas Berdych is big, strong and powerful," Channel 7's tennis expert Todd Woodbridge said.
"That's Alex's weakness is that physically he's still got a lot of growing and filling-out to do. He'll compete really hard but I think it's going to be tough for him."
World No.1 Rafael Nadal opens against Victor Estrella Burgos, while defending champion and second seed Roger Federer plays Slovenia's Aljaz Bedene in the first round.
Six-time champion Novak Djokovic, seeded a lowly 14th after six months out of tennis with an elbow injury, has landed in the quarter of world No.4 Alexander Zverev and will open against Donald Young.
The Serbian superstar could run into seeded Frenchman Gael Monfils in the second round.
OPEN DRAW FOR AUSSIE MEN:
* John Millman v Borna Coric (Croatia)
* Matthew Ebden v 12-John Isner (USA)
* Jason Kubler v 10-Pablo Carreno Busta (Spain)
* 17-Nick Kyrgios v Rogerio Dutra Silva (Brazil)
* Alex Bolt v Viktor Troicki (Serbia)
* Alexei Popyrin v Tim Smychek (USA)
* Thanasi Kokkinakis v Daniil Medvedev (Russia)
* Alex de Minaur v Tomas Berdych (Czech Republic)
* Jordan Thompson v Nicolas Kicker (Argentina)
THE FULL MEN'S DRAW: