Eugenie Bouchard said she wants to take part in the US Open so the tennis season can get some more normality back.
Many tennis stars, including Ash Barty, Rafael Nadal and Nick Kyrgios, have cast serious doubt over their participation at the Grand Slam held at Flushing Meadows.
LOVE MATCH: Photos expose tennis superstars' secret romance
‘WILL HAPPEN’: Serena coach's bold call on tennis legends
But despite many top stars unsure whether they will travel to the US, former world No.5 Bouchard does not appear to share those concerns.
“Yes, I am super comfortable because I know that I will take the precautions that I need to,” she said on the Cracked Interviews podcast.
“Hopefully, we can trust that everyone else will at the events and if the events are well-run, I don’t think there is too much to be worried about.
“Anything can happen, we all know that but if we do everything we need to then we give ourselves the best chance. So, it’s important to restart the tennis season so that we get our jobs back.”
The Canadian has been currently playing exhibition events such as the World Team tournament to prepare for when the tennis schedule resumes.
The revised WTA Tour is set to be challenging with the US Open and French Open within the same month.
Nadal appears set to skip US Open
The World No.2 has confirmed that he will take part in the Madrid Open, which has raised serious doubts about whether he will travel to New York for the American grand slam event.
The US Open, whose fate still hangs in the balance, is scheduled to run from August 31 to September 13 on the hard courts of New York while the main draw at the Madrid event on clay starts on September 14.
Madrid will serve as a warmup for the rescheduled French Open, the clay court Grand Slam that begins on September 20.
Madrid tournament director Feliciano Lopez, who as a player won the Queen's Club singles and doubles titles last year, wrote on Twitter that Nadal had agreed to play his tournament.