More than 100 days since the Australian Grand Prix was spectacularly abandoned, the halted Supercars' 2020 season is ready to resume.
As the COVID-19 pandemic began to grip the world in March, three practice sessions took place in Melbourne before the second round of the series was called off in the most dramatic of fashions.
Teams and spectators left the Albert Park track confused, wondering when, and if, there would be racing again this year.
Since March 13, drivers have raced from home in the popular Eseries events, but this weekend Supercars is welcomed back to a different landscape for Australian motorsport.
While crowds will not be in the stands at Sydney Motorsport Park, and crews will be at skeleton levels, some things will remain the same.
Ford flyer Scott McLaughlin picks up where he left off last season, entering the Sydney Supersprint with the series lead after a golden weekend in Adelaide more than four months ago.
Just behind the two-time defending champion is Red Bull Holden legend Jamie Whincup, after the pair split the year's first two races.
McLaughlin's team, Shell V-Power, has demanded all drivers wear face masks when they are not behind the wheel.
McLaughlin, who has seen his IndyCar debut in America put back by the pandemic, said having no spectators at the track would be "bizarre".
"(It's) great to have some form of racing back, albeit without fans," he said.
"The Eseries was a good little sidestep for us ... but now to go out racing in real life will be really cool.
"It's going to be fast; there's less people and track time is limited so for us it's going to be important to hit the ground running when you get on track."
Former Ford favourite Chaz Mostert had a successful first round in Adelaide after his off-season switch to Holden and went into isolation third in the championship standings.
Drivers will battle it out in three 32-lap races across the weekend, with the first getting underway at 3.30pm on Saturday.
It will be the first of two Sydney rounds this year after Supercars boss Sean Seamer last week announced the season would conclude with a night event in December rather than at Bathurst in February as previously planned.