Melbourne skipper Cameron Smith is adamant coach Craig Bellamy has not made up his mind on his NRL future ahead of Sunday's showdown with Brisbane.
All eyes will be on Bellamy and opposite Wayne Bennett ahead of the blockbuster clash with the careers of the two super coaches up in the air.
The Broncos have reportedly tabled a four-year offer worth $5 million for Bellamy to join the Broncos from 2019, despite seven-time premiership-winner Wayne Bennett having a year to run on his deal.
The Broncos have consistently denied an offer is on the table, however admitted they sat down with Bellamy as they attempt to map out their future post-Bennett.
The Storm have launched a three-year counterbid in an attempt to keep him in the Victorian capital and he is understood to be weighing up both offers.
Smith said Bellamy was undecided about what he would be doing next year as he prepares to face the Broncos at AAMI Park.
"I met with Craig last week and just had a chat to him, he was undecided," Smith told Fox Sports' NRL360.
"I can honestly say that; he was weighing up his options.
"Everyone at the Storm would love him to stay on. We understand he brings a lot to this club, not only as a coach on the field, but the whole organisation as well.
"He's got a huge profile down here in Melbourne now and it's great for our business and great for all the guys that want to come down here and be coached by one of the best coaches that has ever been a part of our game.
"It's a big decision not only for himself but for his family. We understand that, we go through contract negotiations all the time."
Bellamy's decision is expected to in turn impact veterans Smith and Billy Slater, who will need to make calls themselves about their futures at the Storm.