Advertisement

Sophie Turner Drops ‘Wrongful Retention’ Claim Against Joe Jonas 3 Months After Reaching Custody Agreement

On Wednesday, the court dismissed the 'Game of Thrones' star's "wrongful retention" filing against the singer, whom she shares two daughters with

<p>Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock</p> Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas

Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock

Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas

Sophie Turner has dropped the "wrongful retention" claims against her estranged husband, Joe Jonas, in regards to the custody of their two daughters.

According to court documents obtained by PEOPLE on Wednesday, a U.S. judge approved to dismiss the filing after both stars signed a consent plan that was approved by a U.K. judge last week.

Last September, Turner, 27, sued Jonas for wrongful retention. She alleged that Jonas, 34, was withholding their daughters' passports and not allowing them to return to England. The former couple share Delphine, 18 months, and Willa, 3. The complaint against the musician called for "the immediate return of children wrongfully removed or wrongfully retained," with Turner's legal team asserting the "wrongful retention" began on Sept. 20.

On Wednesday, Jonas and Turner agreed to have the filing dismissed "with prejudice, and without attorneys’ fees, expenses, costs and/or disbursements awarded to either party" after their parenting agreement in the U.K. was approved on Jan. 11.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from juicy celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

<p>Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock</p>

Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock

Prior to the dismissal and following Turner’s September filing, Jonas released a statement disputing her claims the next day. At the time, the singer said that he believed the two had reached an agreement to work on a co-parenting plan.

On Sept. 25, 2023, the two reached a temporary agreement to keep their two daughters in New York City, according to documents filed in New York and obtained by PEOPLE.

The interim consent order stated that Turner and Jonas were ordered to keep their kids in the Southern and Eastern districts of New York.

<p>Karwai Tang/WireImage</p> Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner on March 12, 2023 in Beverly Hills, California.

Karwai Tang/WireImage

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner on March 12, 2023 in Beverly Hills, California.

Related: A Complete Timeline of Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner's Divorce

After the interim consent order, the former couple then reached a temporary custody agreement for their two daughters on Oct. 10, 2023.

The two then released a joint statement. "After a productive and successful mediation, we have agreed that the children will spend time equally in loving homes in both the U.S. and the UK." The statement concluded: "We look forward to being great co-parents."

<p>Swan Gallet/WWD/Penske Media via Getty</p> Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner on October 04, 2022 in Paris, France.

Swan Gallet/WWD/Penske Media via Getty

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner on October 04, 2022 in Paris, France.

Related: Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner's 2 Daughters: Everything They've Said About Parenting

On Sept. 5, the musician filed for a dissolution of marriage in Miami from his wife of four years. The filing claimed that "the marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken." Per the divorce filing, the couple have a prenup in place.

The couple first connected through Instagram DMs in 2016 and tied the knot in 2019.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.