SNAPSHOT OF THE SECOND AFL SEMI-FINAL
* Result: Geelong 15.10 (100) bt Collingwood 5.2 (32) at the Gabba.
* Key moment: Geelong's absolute dominance of the match was perfectly summed up when Patrick Dangerfield ran down cornered Magpies defender Jack Madger 20 minutes into the second quarter before then nonchalantly slotting his second checkside goal of the term from the resulting free-kick.
* Key stat: Collingwood's halftime tally of 1.0 is the Magpies' lowest score at the main break of an AFL match since the 1960 grand final loss against Melbourne. It's also just the second time in their 2567-game VFL/AFL history they have had just one scoring shot in an opening half.
* Injuries: Cats captain Joel Selwood had to have an eyebrow cut bandaged in the first term. Taylor Adams left the field after his left arm copped a Rhys Stanley boot when attempting a smother but returned, albeit with his arm heavily strapped.
* What's next? Geelong take on hometown heroes Brisbane in next Saturday's preliminary final at the Gabba. The season is over for the Magpies.