* Quote of the Round: "I respect all the people and supporters involved with this club and I intend to honour this contract." - Wests Tigers coach Ivan Cleary vows to stick with the joint venture after being linked with a move to Penrith.
* Man of the Round: Valentine Holmes starred in the Cronulla's stirring 17-14 win over Melbourne, scoring one try, saving another two and running 139 metres as he upstaged the greatest ever No.1 - Billy Slater.
* Stat that Matters: After crossing for his first hat-trick since 2013, Jarryd Hayne moved past Brett Kenny to be second on Parramatta's all-time leading try-scoring list with 112 tries, only behind Luke Burt (124).
* Magic Moment: After his family was the centre of back page news all week, Penrith halfback Nathan Cleary nailed a golden point field goal to seal his side's come-from-behind win over the Gold Coast.
* Talking Point: With Anthony Griffin axed, Ivan Cleary affirming his loyalty to the Tigers, Trent Barrett threatening to quit Manly, and Wayne Bennett and Paul McGregor on shaky ground, you get the feeling the coaching merry-go-round is about to go into overdrive.
* Judiciary Watch: Melbourne - Nelson Asofa-Solomona (cannonball tackle); North Queensland - Jason Taumalolo (shoulder charge); Penrith - Jack Hetherington (high tackle).
* Casualty Ward: Melbourne - Ryan Hoffman (hamstring); Cronulla - Wade Graham (knee); St George Illawarra - Gareth Widdop (shoulder); Panthers - James Maloney (knee), James Tamou (leg); South Sydney - Alex Johnston (hamstring); Gold Coast - Michael Gordon (wrist dislocation), Brenko Lee (hamstring); Parramatta - Tim Mannah (broken hand); Canberra - Aidan Sezer (hamstring); Warriors - Leivaha Pulu (foot).
* Under Pressure: St George Illawarra have lost five of their last six and are showing signs of imploding late in the year, as they have done in two of the previous three seasons.