SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST NRL QUALIFYING FINAL:
* Result: Penrith beat Parramatta 27-6 at PointsBet Stadium, Sydney.
* Key moment: With Penrith down 8-7 and 30 minutes to play, Waqa Blake spilled a Nathan Cleary bomb for the third time on the night. Cleary helped put Brian To'o over for his second. Within 10 minutes, Cleary had laid on two more tries and suddenly it was 25-8 and the game was over.
* Key stat: Parramatta made nine errors and completed at just 33 per cent in the final half-hour as they went from one-point leaders to 21-point losers.
* Injuries/suspensions: Penrith winger Taylan May ended the game with a hamstring injury after also being placed on report and sin-binned for a high shot earlier in the game. Spencer Leniu also faces a nervous wait on a high shot, while Parramatta's Marata Niukore was placed on report for a cannonball tackle.
* What's next? Penrith are through to the preliminary final to face one of Cronulla, North Queensland, Sydney Roosters or South Sydney. Parramatta will take on the winner of Melbourne and Canberra next Friday as they fight to avoid a fifth semi-final exit in six years.