SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST NRL QUALIFYING FINAL:
* Result: Penrith 29 bt Sydney Roosters 28 at Panthers Stadium.
* Key moment: Penrith star Nathan Cleary scored 21 of their 29 points, but none more important than his clutch 78th minute field goal that proved the difference in the end.
* Key stat: Cleary's 21 points fell one shy of a club record 22-point individual haul in a finals game, held by former captain Greg Alexander. Cleary scored three tries, kicked four goals, and one field goal.
* Injuries/suspensions: No injuries, however Penrith second-rower Viliame Kikau faces a nervous wait over a possible dangerous throw charge for his tackle on Angus Crichton in the first half. Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was also put on report for a high tackle on Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards.
* What's next? Penrith enjoy next week off before playing in a preliminary final at either Bankwest Stadium or ANZ Stadium. The Roosters face the winner of the elimination final between Canberra and Cronulla, likely to be at the SCG next Friday night.