SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST NRL ELIMINATION FINAL:
* Result: Canberra 32 bt Cronulla 20 at GIO Stadium.
* Key moment: After Cronulla were penalised for a ruck infringement, Wade Graham rushed out of the line to try and challenge the call. Thinking quickly, Jack Wighton caught the Sharks out when he took the tap and ran 25 metres to score. Referee Grant Atkins later told Graham the discretionary call could not be challenged. It gave Canberra a 16-14 lead and they never looked back.
* Key stat: Canberra had just seven tackles in Cronulla's half in the first 40 minutes, but still scored twice. When possession swung in the second half, the game was settled.
* Injuries/suspensions: Sharks - Blayke Brailey (ankle).
* What's next? Canberra face the Sydney Roosters next week in a do-or-die semi-final, most likely at the SCG on Friday night. Cronulla's season is over.
* Quote of the day: "He's tapped the ball before any challenge was called ... and it's ruck interference, which you can't challenge." - Referee Atkins to a fuming Wade Graham after Jack Wighton scored.