SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST AFL SEMI-FINAL
* Result: Richmond 12.8 (80) bt St Kilda 6.13 (49) at Metricon Stadium.
* Key moment: Tom Lynch's aggression has come under a spotlight this season and the key forward is sure to come under the scrutiny of the Match Review Officer for appearing to leave a knee on St Kilda's Dougal Howard following a tussle on the ground in the third quarter. After making a huge impact on his return from injury, the Tigers will be hoping the incident doesn't put Lynch's preliminary final spot in jeopardy.
* Key stat: A return of 2.5 in the third quarter reflected the Saints' overall inability to turn periods of dominance into scoreboard pressure on the Tigers. Richmond's lead never got under 17 points in the second half despite St Kilda dominating the scoring chances.
* Injuries: Ben Paton had to have a nasty cut to his head cleaned up in first quarter, while Josh Battle spent a significant portion of the match off the ground with a recurrence of the foot injury that sidelined him last weekend. Both Saints returned to play out the match however. Tim Membrey left the field late in the final term with an ankle injury.
* What's next? Richmond head to South Australia to take on Port Adelaide in an elimination final at the Adelaide Oval on Friday. The season is now over for St Kilda.