SNAPSHOT OF THE FIRST AFL QUALIFYING FINAL:
* Result: Port Adelaide 9.4 (58) bt Geelong 5.12 (42) at Adelaide Oval.
* Key moment: Port led by two points when Geelong's Jack Henry was steaming through the centre in the third term, only to be stopped in his tracks by a slamming Xavier Duursma tackle. The Power took possession, swept downfield and Connor Rozee scored the first of three goals in a game-breaking 15 minute span.
* Key stat: 0.5. The wayward scoring return of Geelong's attacking ace Tom Hawkins, who also had another shot at goal fall short.
* Injuries: Port's Duursma was knocked out when crunched in a marking contest by Geelong's Mark Blicavs. Power forward Todd Marshall hurt his right shoulder but played on. His teammate Charlie Dixon dislocated a finger in the first quarter but popped the joint back in himself and continued. Geelong star Patrick Dangerfield copped a cut above his left eye.
* What's next? Port advance to a home preliminary final while Geelong will play a semi-final against the winner of West Coast's elimination final against Collingwood.
* Quote of the day: "That is why we play footy ... it's special. We have got a connection, it's more than just footy for us." Ex-Power skipper Travis Boak.